I had a Galaxy S3 T999 model which I bought new a few weeks ago. It was a defective unit since it kept crashing and restarting. I backed up all my info on Kies and ended up replacing it with a I747 model. When I tried to restore via Kies, it wouldn't restore any since it didn't show any back up data. So when I inserted the SIM card into the new phone, I was able to restore the contact list. It still will not let me restore personal info like SMS messages, call logs, etc. It seems that Kies will only restore the full data to another T999 model only. Is there a way around this? I would like to either restore the SMS onto my new phone or even just see it on the PC and copy/paste it into a word processor file or something.
    12-21-2012 01:56 AM
    Sorry, I don't use Kies for that purpose, but in the future you may want to try MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro (there's also a trial version).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    12-21-2012 02:19 AM
    Maybe because its different phones mate, if kies was a person, he wouldnt be a very nice guy

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    12-21-2012 03:24 AM
    Sorry, I don't use Kies for that purpose, but in the future you may want to try MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro (there's also a trial version).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Mybackup pro worked astoundingly well for me after a reset on Wed'

(Stupidly though it doesnt have enough cloud storage so just use Ext Sd)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    12-21-2012 03:25 AM
    yes,Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: thanks
    06-08-2014 08:42 AM