I have Sprint's S3 (Android 4.1.1). I installed the Google Voice app and I can see my GV texts and VMs within that app. I remember being asked whether I want to make calls with the stock phone or GV, I chose to always use the stock phone since I only plan to make GV calls maybe once or twice a month.

I thought I could initiate GV calls from within the GV app but I can't. I believe I change the phone default phone so it will prompt me every time to use the stock phone or GV, I could not find where to reset that though? How do have the phone ask me whether to use my phone or GV to make calls?

Also, since I use GV so rarely to make calls, I rather just use an app when I want to make GV calls. I don't want to be prompted everytime when I make a normal call. Can someone recommend such an app? Will it work over mobile data too or just wifi?
    12-21-2012 05:46 PM
    Groove IP should do exactly what you are looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    mindfulness likes this.
    12-21-2012 05:50 PM
    Thanks, just what I was looking for. Looks like the free version works over wifi only, you need the pay version if you want to do it over mobile. Any free programs which can do it over mobile? I tried opening the gmail website and loading up the desktop version of the site on my phone to see if it would be like the normal page I get where I can make calls, but of course those smart guys removed it.
    12-21-2012 06:29 PM
    You should be able to go into Google Voice settings and change the call setting. It can be to not use Google Voice, always use it, prompt, or use for international calls.
    12-21-2012 08:42 PM