S3's are dying after 150 days. No!!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Of course from when you buy it... That is when the clock start ticking. I mean that literally. Once you activate it, a clock on the main board start. At a random interval around 150-180 days the clock send a surge of static electricity through the circuitry thus causing failure.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Says they are being replaced under warranty. So, I really don't think it's intentional. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Of course from when you buy it... That is when the clock start ticking. I mean that literally. Once you activate it, a clock on the main board start. At a random interval around 150-180 days the clock send a surge of static electricity through the circuitry thus causing failure.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

In that case UK customers are safe, they will have switched it off for us as they have to give a 2 year warranty by law

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems every time someone dares to report an ongoing hardware failure problem on this phone, someone else quickly has to come to the defense of Samsung!

Let's get real here -- if it's YOUR phone that craps out on you, it doesn't matter how small or large the numbers are in terms of percentage of phones failing. YOUR phone is dead -- and that is all that matters.

And, at the now standard $100 per replacement (what Verizon charges me to replace defective phones), I don't care that millions of other folks are NOT having the same problems as me -- I still have to fork out money to get a replacement -- something I should NOT have to do.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you even bother to read the original, linked article? Samsung is replacing them under warranty. It won't cost you anything but some time without your phone. You're right: you shouldn't have to pay, and you don't have to pay.

And I don't read these posts as coming to the defense of Samsung, but of bringing some realism to the discussion. Yes, if my phone died I'd be unhappy, but that doesn't mean there's some huge problem with the S3. Out of 30 million of anything made by humans some are going to fail. Whether you're talking about phones, TVs, computers, cars, or refrigerators. No production process reaches perfection. That's why warranties exist.

It's a bummer that your phone failed. That doesn't mean the rest of us should panic and dump our S3s now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And, at the now standard $100 per replacement (what Verizon charges me to replace defective phones), I don't care that millions of other folks are NOT having the same problems as me -- I still have to fork out money to get a replacement -- something I should NOT have to do.

Read all posts. Samsung (yes SAMSUNG) is replacing any phones with this defect. Since Samsung provides a 1 year manufacturer warranty... They replace this defect for free.

So don't go to verizon and pay them for the replacement .. Go to Samsung for your FREE replacement. Don't get mad at others for saying it's a small number when your getting mad since you didn't read your manufacturer warranty. No reason to start a flame war in this thread.

People can comment and say they are good.. Such as I am right now because people aren't saying the people with failed phones can't be angry... They are saying this defect hasn't hit them and also showing its not all phones.. But no one is doubting that people aren't experiencing this issue. If mine fails sure I won't be happy but I will get the free replacement and keep going.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
In that case UK customers are safe, they will have switched it off for us as they have to give a 2 year warranty by law

Do i need proof of purchase to use warranty mate or is the imei enough?
This conspiracy is stupid.
Sammy are biggest oem, any hacker could find this timebomb n ruin them! (Sammy)

Ps, once the phone has killed itself, will samsung techs be able to tell if its modded?

Think il get insurance....
....actualy i have no proof of purchase so no point :(

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: