S3's are dying after 150 days. No!!!

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm past the 150 days and still running strong (hopefully I don't jinx it lol). But either way if something does happen I'm done with Samsung... That would be unbearable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Do i need proof of purchase to use warranty mate or is the imei enough?
This conspiracy is stupid.
Sammy are biggest oem, any hacker could find this timebomb n ruin them! (Sammy)

Ps, once the phone has killed itself, will samsung techs be able to tell if its modded?

Think il get insurance....
....actualy i have no proof of purchase so no point :(

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Unless you physically changed something the answer is no. Once the main board takes a dump they will just rip it down for parts

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No worries. Most of the time they don't care anyway. I have sent back a few rooted phones and never heard a peep

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you need proof of purchase though?
We've moved home and stopped paying the hire/purchase place lol oopz

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure how it works for you over there, the carrier takes care of it here. I call sprint and the overnight me a new one.

That being said, it is covered under manufacturers warranty for a year and since all of them are less than a year old you shouldn't need it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I always register my phones with Sammy and then there is no need of proof of purchase if it has to go back to them.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure how it works for you over there, the carrier takes care of it here. I call sprint and the overnight me a new one.

That being said, it is covered under manufacturers warranty for a year and since all of them are less than a year old you shouldn't need it

Yeah my phone isnt from a carrier mate so its sammys problem eh.... they know its under a year old anyway lol.
Im just para if sammy contacted the shop we got it n they reposess it lol. Id be truly lost without my s3 (unless i win sumthin better in this members competition) :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I always register my phones with Sammy and then there is no need of proof of purchase if it has to go back to them.

How do u register bro?

MERRY XMAS!!!X

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How do u register bro?

MERRY XMAS!!!X

You will have to set up a Sammy account there. They have every phone I've had with them in my account. Also when you register you will get a 50% off code for a Sammy accessory.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
403 error on that link

Opps sorry was on vacation. Pebble blue (dead) next to sapphire black. Looks awesome by the way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356854495047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356854495047.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Little nokia. Worked well. Anyhoo gotta go up to the UK for two weeks to attend a funeral. Will try to get the s3 fixed or replaced there. So frustrating cause it looks like brand new (pic on previous page). Kept it well at least i think so. Just wont come on.Sorry for bringing this depressing topic back up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356854817087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356854817087.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Read all posts. Samsung (yes SAMSUNG) is replacing any phones with this defect. Since Samsung provides a 1 year manufacturer warranty... They replace this defect for free.

So don't go to verizon and pay them for the replacement .. Go to Samsung for your FREE replacement.
Point made ... but in my case, I went to Verizon, they told me Samsung would NOT replace my phone, and I had to do that through Verizon, actually, through Assurion (I think that was the vendor) -- and they charged me $100. Had I known Samsung would have replaced it for free, I would have chosen that route, instead.

Don't get mad at others for saying it's a small number when your getting mad since you didn't read your manufacturer warranty. No reason to start a flame war in this thread.
I'm not getting mad at anyone and I'm not trying to start a flame war ... OK? And ... I'm not saying anyone should panic or should dump their phones ... Just saying I've seen too many threads in this forum, and in others, where someone comes here with a genuine problem, and the next thing you know the "Samsung defenders" are telling that person (as they did to ME) that they are using it wrong, or buying cheap junk, or making it up ... etc.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You will have to set up a Sammy account there. They have every phone I've had with them in my account. Also when you register you will get a 50% off code for a Sammy accessory.

Dammit ive just recieved a sammy mhl-hdmi adaptor lol :)
would it be samsung UK, samsung mobile, or what?
Is it diffeient from the samsung account i set up at when i 1st started the phone?

MERRY XMAS!!!X

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Dammit ive just recieved a sammy mhl-hdmi adaptor lol :)
would it be samsung UK, samsung mobile, or what?
Is it diffeient from the samsung account i set up at when i 1st started the phone?

MERRY XMAS!!!X

Samsung .com. I had to switch my phone out the other day under warranty with my carrier, now I have 2 discount codes after registering my new phone :)

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Point made ... but in my case, I went to Verizon, they told me Samsung would NOT replace my phone, and I had to do that through Verizon, actually, through Assurion (I think that was the vendor) -- and they charged me $100. Had I known Samsung would have replaced it for free, I would have chosen that route, instead.

I'm not getting mad at anyone and I'm not trying to start a flame war ... OK? And ... I'm not saying anyone should panic or should dump their phones ... Just saying I've seen too many threads in this forum, and in others, where someone comes here with a genuine problem, and the next thing you know the "Samsung defenders" are telling that person (as they did to ME) that they are using it wrong, or buying cheap junk, or making it up ... etc.

Yeah I would go high up the Verizon chain and get a $100 credit on my VERIZON bill.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3