Apps take ages to uninstall?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Any... big apps, 500kb apps, anything, take upto 2minutes......

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It's random, i suggest, if you ever install an app and it does it quickly, also un install any other apps you don't want because normally for me, when one app un installs fast, the others do

And when one takes forever I just give up

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Its every app and downloading is same. Ive been downloading dolphin jetpack for 5mins......

Data speed is average though..

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmmm never heard that one.... Try phone restart? Or even find a disk Defragments app in the play store... It really works well!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably because the app not only needs to be installed but the cache, defaults, and anything saved with in the the app needs to go also.

We just get the illusion that this needs to happen quickly because we kind of just see the process as the deletion of an icon when really there is much more behind it

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Probably because the app not only needs to be installed but the cache, defaults, and anything saved with in the the app needs to go also.

What he said... and when you're wanting to uninstall a big app you might consider deleting cache first, then app data, then force close and uninstall.... gotta think this helps speed things up a bit?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Know what youre saying but this defo isnt normal. Im talkin things like keyboard skins. Jst started with 4.1.1.
Oh well, merry xmas.
Thime2get drunk :)

Oh thats another thing. It takes forever, if ever for app data + cache to appear :confused:
MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh, hear what you're saying now. Thought basic 101 stuff was odd coming from you. :p Well, that sucks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i dont understand it man.
Ill see if 4.1.2 has fixed it.
Thanx for the "me not bein 101" compliment btw :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Fixed with 4.1.2 mate :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X