Is There A Way To Get Call Display on BT Headset?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Plantronics Marque M155 headset. I went into Settings/Language and Input/Text-to-speech Output/Driving Mode(ON...with all settings checked) When the headset is not connected and I receive a call, the phone will speak out the phone number/name of who is calling. When the headset is paired, it just rings. I can't seem to find a setting for this anywhere. Also is there a way to mute the ringer on the phone if the BT headset is connected? I don't need it ringing on my phone if I can hear it ringing in my ear.

Also I had my phone rooted to Paranoid Android....I could never get an outgoing phone call to work. I reverted back to a stock-rooted ROM and it seems like I can only make phone calls through S-Voice. I had no issues with pairing, as I could hear all my phone sounds as well as music through the headset...and receive calls. Is this normal, or was there something I was missing somewhere?

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is not fully working on anything but stock rom. On stock you should get announcements through your headset (works like that on my Jawbone). It's normal for the phone to ring as well as hearing the ring on the headset.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth is not fully working on anything but stock rom. On stock you should get announcements through your headset (works like that on my Jawbone). It's normal for the phone to ring as well as hearing the ring on the headset.

Would you mind explaining what you had to do to get your announcements through your headset, I've gone over the obvious (to me) ones, and can't seem to get anything other than rings through my headset.