AOSP vs TouchWiz ROMs

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What are the differences between AOSP and TouchWiz ROMs? I flashed CleanROM 5.5.1 on my Verizon GS3 and I like it. I heard that TW ROMs are more stable, but AOSP have cooler features.

Is this true? What cooler feature does it have exactly?

How does the AOKP M1 compare with the CleanROM 5.5.1 in terms of stability and speed and battery life?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Aosp ROMs are generally smaller as far as more features I won't go that far but it depends on what ROM. Aosp generally feels more responsive and the ui feels less cluttered and busy. Stability is a relative term and often depends on the ROM and the developers behind it so do your research.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
AOSP is simple. Pure vanilla android. No fuss, no mess.. It could be plain vanilla android or it could be plain vanilla android with some cool mods and tweaks but still the ultimate goal of AOSP is a clean interface, stripped down and good performance due to keeping things simple.

TouchWiz based ROMs, the developers have taken the OEM UI skin and further enhanced or themed the experience. It may be nothing noticeable, it may be drastic changes adding new features and functions not found on stock. All depends on the ROM developer's vision.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Specifically, how does the AOKP ROM compare with the newest CleanROM ROM for the verizon in terms of speed and battery life?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance