i just bought a samsung galaxy s3 GT I9300 and i just found out that there's no "Motion" submenu in settings.What seems to be the problem?
    here's a pic:

ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting

-Android Version ( 4.1.1 )
    -Baseband Version ( MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V12, 2012/09/20 18:56 )
    -Kernel version (3.0.13 / root@liyunpen-desktop #1 / Tue Nov 27 16:14:20 CST 2012 )
    -Build Number ( ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.6 )
    -custom build version ( 002121127 )
    12-27-2012 12:58 PM
    If you are rooted and running a custom rom, it removes the Samsung features including the motion features
    12-27-2012 01:39 PM
    If you are rooted and running a custom rom, it removes the Samsung features including the motion features
    Not all roms just aosp ones. (the ones that basically turn your phone into a Nexus device).
    12-27-2012 01:44 PM
    i'm sorry but i don't understand what that means.. im not kinda techy, this is the first time i bought a smart phone. what can i do to make the motion features available for my unit?
    12-27-2012 02:08 PM
    i'm sorry but i don't understand what that means.. im not kinda techy, this is the first time i bought a smart phone. what can i do to make the motion features available for my unit?
    Where did you buy it from?

According to your stats, your phone seems to be rooted (hacked to break carrier limitations), and you might be running a custom rom (another version of the android software custom made by someone else other than Samsung).

If you wanted to return to stock android (how it would be if you bought it brand new from Samsung, Best Buy, or another official wireless provider), you would have to flash (re-install) it with the stock software, which can be found on the internet

Hope that was understandable enough for you lol
    12-27-2012 02:25 PM
    Where did you buy it from?

According to your stats, your phone seems to be rooted (hacked to break carrier limitations), and you might be running a custom rom (another version of the android software custom made by someone else other than Samsung).

If you wanted to return to stock android (how it would be if you bought it brand new from Samsung, Best Buy, or another official wireless provider), you would have to flash (re-install) it with the stock software, which can be found on the internet

Hope that was understandable enough for you lol
    haha i think i already understand it.. somehow..
    i googled some site, do you think this will help? should i follow the steps?
    here's the link: Galaxy S3 Stock Firmware | RootGalaxyS3iii.com
    12-27-2012 02:48 PM
    haha i think i already understand it.. somehow..
    i googled some site, do you think this will help? should i follow the steps?
    here's the link: Galaxy S3 Stock Firmware | RootGalaxyS3iii.com
    Yup! That should be it lol follow those instructions and you should be good with ur motion features
    12-27-2012 03:41 PM