I noticed since I updated to 4.1.1. that audio doesn't work through headset jack once I lock my homescreen. It works fine while the screen is unlocked but as soon as i lock it or autolock the audio stops coming through headphones but continues playing on external speaker at a low volume. Help please!!!!
    12-28-2012 08:46 AM
    I noticed since I updated to 4.1.1. that audio doesn't work through headset jack once I lock my homescreen. It works fine while the screen is unlocked but as soon as i lock it or autolock the audio stops coming through headphones but continues playing on external speaker at a low volume. Help please!!!!
    What application are you using? Are you playing music from your phone using one of the various music players? Or is this streamed music from Pandora, slacker radio, etc.

Or is this cached music on your phone from a streaming place such as slacker radio, spotify, etc?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    12-28-2012 11:35 AM
    What application are you using? Are you playing music from your phone using one of the various music players? Or is this streamed music from Pandora, slacker radio, etc.

Or is this cached music on your phone from a streaming place such as slacker radio, spotify, etc?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    From the phones default music player
    12-28-2012 03:29 PM
    12-29-2012 01:54 PM
    I noticed this as well. Using Samsung's music player or Pocket Casts if I start audio with the screen on, then turn off the screen, the audio is switched to the speaker. I found what works to fix the problem is to queue up what you want to listen to, kill the screen, then use the inline remote on the earbuds to start up the music/podcast and it will play though the earbuds/headphones. I don't know of a solution that doesn't require the inline remote.

Oddly however, Pandora does not display this issue. You can start Pandora with headphones and kill the screen and it will continue to play as you would expect. Not a programmer so I can't speculate what is going on but there is an issue here.

Is there somewhere to submit bugs to Samsung?
    12-29-2012 04:03 PM
    They have a support section on their web site.
    12-29-2012 04:44 PM
    They have a support section on their web site.
    Don't bother, they make the model number a required field but then forgot to populate the drop down menu with SGH-I747 as a choice, you literally can't email them using the support sites method.
    12-29-2012 06:16 PM
    Are you running widget locker by chance? Once I disable widget locker this isn't a problem any longer.
    12-31-2012 10:52 AM
    Disabling GoLocker on my wifes AT&T Galaxy S3 solved her issue, thanks a lot for the help!
    08-27-2013 05:47 PM