I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this while using Google Nav. The screen "flashes" every few seconds. When it happens, the roads all disappear for a split second and I can see the compass (in the top-left) disappear and then flash in the center of the screen, then reappear on the left where it should be. Other than that, it works fine, but it's a bit distracting as the phone is mounted on a windshield mount and my peripheral vision keeps picking up the flashing.

I should note this is happening with my phone in landscape mode. I'll try it in portrait as well (didn't think of it when I was driving). I am also rooted and running CleanROM 5.5 (but it was happening under 4.5 as well). Not sure if either of those would have anything to do with it or not.
    12-29-2012 12:06 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this while using Google Nav. The screen "flashes" every few seconds. When it happens, the roads all disappear for a split second and I can see the compass (in the top-left) disappear and then flash in the center of the screen, then reappear on the left where it should be. Other than that, it works fine, but it's a bit distracting as the phone is mounted on a windshield mount and my peripheral vision keeps picking up the flashing.

I should note this is happening with my phone in landscape mode. I'll try it in portrait as well (didn't think of it when I was driving). I am also rooted and running CleanROM 5.5 (but it was happening under 4.5 as well). Not sure if either of those would have anything to do with it or not.
    Yuppp, happens to me too. I think it's because it's still in the very early stages. I am 100% stock.
    12-29-2012 02:39 PM
    Yuppp, happens to me too. I think it's because it's still in the very early stages. I am 100% stock.
    What is in very early beta stages? Nav? Been using it since my first Android phone back in 2009 and this is the first flashing I've seen. Maybe just the latest version.
    12-29-2012 05:45 PM
    That hasn't happened to me at all. Google Nav has been perfect including the Samsung lady nav voice which is MUCH better than the voice I had on my Droid X.
    12-29-2012 06:12 PM
    What is in very early beta stages? Nav? Been using it since my first Android phone back in 2009 and this is the first flashing I've seen. Maybe just the latest version.
    I believe that was Tele Nav though, not Google Nav.
    12-29-2012 08:29 PM