App to track stolen Samsung Galaxy S3

LonghornsRock

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've become a victim of the Walmart phone swiper! Just my luck someone was up at Walmart at 9 am on a Saturday morning looking for a phone to swipe. I wouldn't be such a wreck if I didn't also have business as well as personal data on the phone. I filed a police report but the officer pretty much said "good luck" I asked him to pull the tape b/c I'm sure whoever got is on there. Anywho...

I didn't have any tracker app already installed. Is there anything I can do now? I've tried installing Cerberus but I can't figure out how to use the web dashboard. Sprint is my carrier so I signed up for the Sprint Family Locator but the phone is now powered off so it can't locate it. How do I create an account on Cerberus? Do I have to have the phone to install the app? I call myself installing it throgh google play. Help!!

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can do anything with no security app installed in the phone, You might just have to charge this one to the streets man....its gone. Just inform Sprint that it was stolen and I don't think anyone will be able to activate it again. Sorry to hear about that

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Android Lost

"Remote installation
If you have already lost your phone and have not yet installed androidlost you still have a chance of using it. First push the app to the phone as described above. Then send an SMS with the text "androidlost register". This will startup the app, get a google push key and send it to the web server. You should now be able to sign in on Android Lost and start the alarm."

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Android Lost

"Remote installation
If you have already lost your phone and have not yet installed androidlost you still have a chance of using it. First push the app to the phone as described above. Then send an SMS with the text "androidlost register". This will startup the app, get a google push key and send it to the web server. You should now be able to sign in on Android Lost and start the alarm."

I have this also. I thought you could do it some how but it was too much research lol. Use both man android lost allows you much more features though

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Try "plan B" its a last resort for phones already stolen.
Good luck. I feel for u :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

MQ_786

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Lost my Samsung Galaxy S3 and got a tracking device on it!!! But before my phone was stolen< never tested it to see if it works. Any user of the same phone has tried tracking u phone and it works?? The phone, if its off, can be detected??? Really need someones help please!!!
Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If the phone is powered off then I would think it's not possible to track. It would have to be on and radios turned on receiving/transmitting to be tracked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sunny Kaler

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I had my Galaxy SIII stolen about 36 hours ago. My SIM card has been removed so I cannot use any apps which require SMS activation or commands to locate it. I do know that the phone is still being used and I can still push-install apps using Google Market, which I have been doing to try and locate it. I downloaded apps such as Android Lost, Where's My Droid, but only to come to the realization that none of them will be of any help to me because I cannot control them via SMS due to the fact that the person who stole it is now using it with their SIM card and won't be receiving any of my texts.

So I am searching for Apps that can be push-installed using the Web Google Market AND would allow me to remotely (via computer) to control (change settings, turn wifi/data on, etc) and locate (using GPS) my phone. So far the only app I have come across is Remote Phone Locator. I have successfully (or I believe so because it is showing as such on Google Market online) push-installed the app, however when I log-on online to the app's website it is not connecting to my "device".

Can anyone provide me with any assistance for this app or give me any other advice on trying to locate my phone in my situation (using apps or speaking to my carrier, etc.) Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Technically if it is still logged into your account and you have location history on, you should be able to go to your Google account and find where it is.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there any Android app that works as well as Find my iphone? I moved on from iOS. Find my iphone worked quite well. I have AVG antivirus on my SG3, and it has a locator function, but it isn't as good.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what location history is and am not sure if it is on. How do I find this out?
It's on by default so if you don't know what it is then you probably didn't turn it off. On a computer, log in to Google maps and check the settings. History should be there somewhere - search and location. Good luck.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis