new to having the SG3 and its driving me crazy already

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
hi guys,having read through most google searches of various forums for hours last night,i am defeated in trying to connect my brand new S3 to my home PC,any ideas please?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Windows 7 and for some reason I have to actually look for my GS3 in the "My computer" and click on it to open it up and view the files on my internal and external storage. It won't just pop up sometimes to let me know it's connected like my other phones. Maybe it's connected but you just have to look for it. I would also include that you might want to use the original usb cord the phone came with. I'm able to drag and drop most things between my phone and pc. Are you running windows? I'm not familiar with Mac's so with that I cannot help

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
First up, there is Samsung Kies(which will also install device drivers): Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung

Now, there is the option for Kies over WiFi as well(on your S3, settings, more settings)

There is also Kies Air, and then you have AllShare Play.

All of these are options for how to get your computer to connect to your S3.

If you connect your phone to the computer via USB, you can also switch the USB PC Connection setting from Media Device(MTP) to Camera mode, which may also work for what you want to do.

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
First up, there is Samsung Kies(which will also install device drivers): Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung

Now, there is the option for Kies over WiFi as well(on your S3, settings, more settings)

There is also Kies Air, and then you have AllShare Play.

All of these are options for how to get your computer to connect to your S3.

If you connect your phone to the computer via USB, you can also switch the USB PC Connection setting from Media Device(MTP) to Camera mode, which may also work for what you want to do.

doesn't work via usb lead and tried different leads too

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Windows 7 and for some reason I have to actually look for my GS3 in the "My computer" and click on it to open it up and view the files on my internal and external storage. It won't just pop up sometimes to let me know it's connected like my other phones. Maybe it's connected but you just have to look for it. I would also include that you might want to use the original usb cord the phone came with. I'm able to drag and drop most things between my phone and pc. Are you running windows? I'm not familiar with Mac's so with that I cannot help

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
:)

running vista

- - - Updated - - -

What operating system are you running on PC?

windows vista

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the input so far guys,shame its the first time using such a nice phone and just going to need to sell it

You can easily sync without using the main Kies software, I gave you the full list. Kies Air does the job if all you want is to transfer files to/from your phone.

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You can easily sync without using the main Kies software, I gave you the full list. Kies Air does the job if all you want is to transfer files to/from your phone.

yeah that's the only way it working,but it seems a tad awkward using the kies air via WI-FI

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
yeah ricky,its got me so worked up and only had the phone 2 days
The big issue with Kies is really that the drivers don't work well with many USB chipsets. NVIDIA may make a good graphics chip, but their motherboard chipsets are pathetic when it comes to driver quality. In many cases, there are issues with some ports working properly with Kies and others not.

Kies does have the "diagnose connection problems" as something to try. You can also try plugging your phone in to the computer, then on the phone, go to the notification about "connected to USB" and then change to camera mode. Settings -> Developer Options and then turn on USB debugging can also help in some cases.

And then, make sure you are running from an administrator account. What version of Windows, or MacOS are you running on the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to try, use Kies from a different computer when all else fails.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall Kies via control panel, then reinstall. After reinstalling check to see if Kies is up to date, if not update then restart computer, then plug phone and try again. Also, try connecting to a USB port on the back of CP rather than the one in the front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463