new to having the SG3 and its driving me crazy already

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
done the live chat thing and emailing takes forever and there hone number was closed

I think she lied to you, IMO. Not sure about the time for the office in the UK.

These are things I have seen work.

Take your battery out of your phone for 60 seconds, not 58 or 59, but 60 or more.

Uninstall completely (Kies) then just hook your phone up to your PC, make sure the Debugging deal is on in the Developer options, let it down load the drivers, your computer should make a sound after it connects and there are drivers on your phone, don't let it search if it asks.

If drivers don't download, reboot your computer with your phone still connected.

If they download or even if they don't then, go to Sammy's site and download Kies again, like a fresh install.

Also, if you can connect to a proxy showing you are in the USA and not tell them you are in the UK and having a problem with Kies, they might not even get to the phone issue ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hi guys,having read through most google searches of various forums for hours last night,i am defeated in trying to connect my brand new S3 to my home PC,any ideas please?

Ur no scottish r yae madyin lol? :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm beginning to smell troll. Everything someone suggests the OP says "already tried that." Claims UK support won't support it, nor will UK chat. Sounds fishy to me.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I get skeptical when thirty solutions don't work. No information on what's happening, just "Already tried that". I mean last week i tried for 2 hours to sync my camcorder to my laptop and there was an issue with the drivers. I'm no pc genius, but I eventually got it figured out with a few google searches. If you legitimately want solutions, they are out there.

If this is all legit though, sorry for your trouble and frustration. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
UNITED KINGDOM
0330 SAMSUNG (7267864)
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Calling from overseas?
+44 (0)1932 454358
IRELAND
0818 717100
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Approximately 5:21 AM 12/31/12, they will be open for phone calls in just a few hours.

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you hooking the phone up to a USB hub or directly to the PC USB port? I had problems with Win7 seeing the phone when it was plugged into a powered hub. Also, did you ever get the phone to connect but got errors? In that case you may need to go to the PC control panel, remove the USB devices and restart PC so it scans again. Good luck!

connecting to USB directly and trying various other ports on the PC,its not connecting at all,it come up saying failed

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I get skeptical when thirty solutions don't work. No information on what's happening, just "Already tried that". I mean last week i tried for 2 hours to sync my camcorder to my laptop and there was an issue with the drivers. I'm no pc genius, but I eventually got it figured out with a few google searches. If you legitimately want solutions, they are out there.

If this is all legit though, sorry for your trouble and frustration. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

i am new to this forum and only just joined my first mobile phone forum and negative comments like this will put me off and others joining which would be a shame to lose users in general,thats two negative comments,i am very new to messing about in detail with a phone or trying to find items related to the phone via PC,its that bad and taking that much time up of mines,its starting to feel like a quest of some sort,but i will get my friend up mid week to check though my PC and see if there a break of some sort in being able to link the two,should be fine for him to sort out as he uses an S3 and can mean i'll get no negative comments via forums,i use forums quite regularly and this seemed one of the best and had some amazing help and then the ruiners post up and destroy it

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
this is y i dont use vista it jus sucks, and also i stopped usin windows computers about a month ago, Acer chromebook.

i use vista the now while using chrome as a browser and have never had any hassles from all other smart phones i have had,but my mate that does PC repairs is coming up to look through my system and clear it all out and install windows 7 or 8 and see if that helps me with the phone problem,if not,then my PC will at least run better and would love to have the cash for a chromebook

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
When you look at your installed programs in the Control Panel, do you see "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones"? If you do, what version does it show? My PC shows the installed driver version 1.5.15.0. When I plug in a "miniUSB" cable into my PC, and then plug the "mini" end into my phone, the phone is recognized after a about a minute. At first, it's recognized as a "Verizon CD", then turns into "SCH-I535". So it does take a minute or so. Then it shows both the "Phone" and the "Card", when you click on the model number (SCH-I535).

I used Kies first, and part of installing that was installing the USB drivers. Kies is long gone, it was not reliable at all, and I don't need it, but with just the USB drivers, the PC recognizes the phone fine. I'm wondering if the drivers are installed properly? Have you tried uninstalling them, and re-installing?

the drivers wont install,it come up failed and i don't see any sign of anything in MY computer other than what's normally there

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
i am new to this forum and only just joined my first mobile phone forum and negative comments like this will put me off and others joining which would be a shame to lose users in general,thats two negative comments,i am very new to messing about in detail with a phone or trying to find items related to the phone via PC,its that bad and taking that much time up of mines,its starting to feel like a quest of some sort,but i will get my friend up mid week to check though my PC and see if there a break of some sort in being able to link the two,should be fine for him to sort out as he uses an S3 and can mean i'll get no negative comments via forums,i use forums quite regularly and this seemed one of the best and had some amazing help and then the ruiners post up and destroy it

Did you read my second paragraph? If you don't read the whole response, don't respond to me. Like I said, if this is all legit, then I feel sorry for you and hope you can find a solution. Don't just read half the response and then start spitting fire.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you can't offer assistance to the original poster, then don't post. Stay on topic and be civil.

No more bickering or off-topic posts in this thread.

Sent from my SGSIII

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you read my second paragraph? If you don't read the whole response, don't respond to me. Like I said, if this is all legit, then I feel sorry for you and hope you can find a solution. Don't just read half the response and then start spitting fire.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

it was directed more at the other guy and yeah i read the whole post,but you still were part of it by throwing in there that as if i was not legit,its done now

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So, back on topic here. Many people don't know that Windows XP came in a 64 bit version. It had VERY little driver support, and for the most part, less than one percent of the Windows XP installs were 64 bit. With Vista, perhaps 25 percent of the installs were 64 bit, a huge improvement compared to XP, but still had 32 bit dominating. Driver support WAS better than 64 bit XP, but there were many devices that had really poor 64 bit driver support. By the time Windows 7 rolled around, things were reversed, with 75 percent or more of the Windows 7 installs being 64 bit.

Now, how this relates to Kies and connecting your phone to the computer. The driver support for 64 bit Vista wasn't great from many companies, and NVIDIA had a HORRIBLE track record for driver quality under Vista. 32 bit vs. 64 bit plays a part, but you also have to think: "If I plug my phone into a USB port, are the USB drivers for my computer good, or do they suck?". I am not talking about the Samsung drivers, which could use a lot of improvement, but I am talking about the actual drivers that let the USB ports on your computer work in the first place. If the Samsung drivers don't interact with the USB ports on the computer properly, you can have a BIG problem showing up.

For those with problems with Kies and getting the computer to recognize their S3, one thing to look into is your computer or chipset drivers for your computer. Are there updates available? On some systems, the USB ports are done in sets, with the front USB ports having one controller, and the back being on another. Older machines might have the front being only USB 1.1 with the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the machine.

The laptop I am on right now has a NVIDIA chipset, not just the graphics, but the CHIPSET, and what I have found is that when I run Kies, and "diagnose connection error", Kies will work ONCE, after it installs the drivers again. If I unplug the phone and plug it in again later, it again won't talk to my phone properly. This is a 32 bit Windows 7 machine that had been upgraded from Vista. The problem is clearly with the way the Samsung drivers are interacting with the NVIDIA USB drivers on the machine. My desktop machine that uses an AMD chipset and was a clean Windows 7 64 bit install has NO problem seeing and talking to my S3. Drivers, and chipsets, and settings...they all need to work together.

There is the further issue that if you are not using an Administrator level account, Kies will not have proper permissions to talk to the USB port to talk to the phone drivers to talk to the phone. You can run Kies as an administrator, but with all the issues, it would be best to just use an Administrator level account(not the same as being signed in as Administrator).

There has been a lot of confusion about what is going on, but the "unrecognized hardware ID" that some people see when they plug their phone in is a SYMPTOM of the real problem, not the real problem itself. Samsung has been a bit poor about addressing the issues people are having, and I just hope 2013 is a better year when it comes to that. Kies 2.5.1.12123_2 is the latest version, and seems to work a bit better than the earlier versions, but it still doesn't solve all the problems.

I hope this helps put the issues more clearly in perspective.

Now, back to one of the overlooked questions. The reason for many to use Kies isn't to sync files or even to transfer them since we have Kies Air and other apps that do the job better. Kies will let you do a firmware update from a computer, and for Jelly Bean(Android 4.1.1 or soon 4.1.2), a number of carriers are not doing "over the air" updates, you MUST use Kies to update to the latest Android version, so getting it working is actually useful. For those on AT&T, we had to use Kies to do the update, and problems with Kies means being stuck on 4.0.4. I am actually helping some people on the east end of Long Island, NY do their updates since MY computers at least are working with Kies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, couple of things..

Do you or do you not have Kies even installed on your computer?

Have you tried another micro USB cord by chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, couple of things..

Do you or do you not have Kies even installed on your computer?

Have you tried another micro USB cord by chance?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad