Keep getting "Complete action using...."

mikeb6109

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Everytime i open a new window from an email or something i keep getting Complete action using.... then i choose the app i want but then it says i can go into settings and make changes. is there a way were i can set it and not get these messages again or is it just made this way/
Thanks Mike

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Everytime i open a new window from an email or something i keep getting Complete action using.... then i choose the app i want but then it says i can go into settings and make changes. is there a way were i can set it and not get these messages again or is it just made this way/
Thanks Mike
If you want to always use the same app select it and then click on the "make default" button.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When that window comes up... just click the program you want to use... and then choose "Always..." and it shouldn't ask you again.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Depends on jb or ics crester bro. Whats the app OP?

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried that and it says i need to go into my settings but ican not locate were i do these changes.....

Maybe in security, device admin
uploadfromtaptalk1357082490759.jpg ?

Total guesswork

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Menu/Settings/Apps/Settings..... In there, but that lets you change defaults again, not sure how to stop the warning message, should only ever do it once per app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Menu/Settings/Apps/Settings..... In there, but that lets you change defaults again, not sure how to stop the warning message, should only ever do it once per app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Think theres an app to set default apps. Wonder if it works with multi-screen apps on 4.1.2??
Any1 remember name of app?

MERRY XMAS!!!X

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're running Jelly Bean you should be getting a prompt that looks like this:uploadfromtaptalk1357103693165.jpgOnce you select an app, the two buttons become selectable.
I don't remember what the ICS prompt looks like, but it allowed you make an app the default, and once you picked a default you had to go into Settings to clear that.
Edit: this is an app that you could use to manage the default selections:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.appiator.defaultappmanager&token=CnwYNVNm

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Clave567

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
This is what I get after choosing a program and tapping on "Always". I don't get it when I tap "Once"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-02-10-29-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-02-10-29-56.png
    605.4 KB · Views: 40

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what I get after choosing a program and tapping on "Always". I don't get it when I tap "Once"
And the next time you go to do the same task again... it asks you to choose an app again...?

Could you post a pic of the screen that shows up right before the one you posted?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

This is completely normal, if it only shows up once for each type of action. It's informational, telling you what to do if you want to reset the default (in other words, how to undo the "always." selection.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I misunderstood the question. I though you were saying every time you did a certain task and chose and application... the next time you went to do that task again it would STILL ask you to choose an app (even if you said "always" last time).

In response to your actual question of the message that shows up after... I don't know of a way to turn it off. But since it should only technically show up the first time you choose an App... hopefully you are not seeing it too often.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You probably set a default action already for a similar app (or something related) and it wont open. You can try disabling or uninstalling the app and reinstalling