S3 or Nexus 4??

kizy

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I would choose the S3. The N4 features low memory, no battery swap, no sd card, and all the multiple issues it has.
Samsung galaxy s3, the world's best selling phone, features a lot new features and have powerful specs.
Anyway, it depends on you.

I agree.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i was wondering what phone i should choose.
What phone is better, easier to use, can someone tell me the differences?
Thanks

Let me put it this way. I would have sex with the N4. Well, except for that pesky storage issue. I'd at least let the N4 get to 2nd base. As for the S3, if I had to settle for that, it'd be a great phone that I'd be happy with, but I'd always be wondering how great it could have been if I would have just let the N4 get deeper in my pocket.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I would choose the S3. The N4 features low memory, no battery swap, no sd card, and all the multiple issues it has.
Samsung galaxy s3, the world's best selling phone, features a lot new features and have powerful specs.
Anyway, it depends on you.

-16GB memory is adequate for me & my uses
-I use to carry a spare battery for my GNex but I get a day from my N4 so no need
-N4 has more powerful specs
-N4 gets updates much quicker
-S3 has an older version of Android
-S3 has build quality problems as well
-S3 is about 5 months older than the N4
-S3's features like Smart Stay & pop-up browser / video are achievable on the N4 through Apps
-S3 from a carrier has bloatware

I have an S3 & an N4.
Both are great phones & it's difficult to determine which is better overall than the other.
Really, it boils down to what:
-network you're on
-price you want to pay
-you plan to do with your phone
-time frame you plan to keep it for
That said, my daily driver is the N4.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
BS on build quality. The S3 has no issues in that regard. Yes, it's plastic, but plastic isn't the evil empire. It's strong, rugged and light. The only issue I have with the S3's construction is that it's too slippery.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
BS on build quality. The S3 has no issues in that regard.

The back of mine cracked in the corner the 2nd day I had it falling from a coffee table to a yoga mat. My N4 by comparison fell from twice as high onto tile with no damage.
It's all about where it hits but S3 cracked for me.
I also had weird result when I literally slammed my GNex screen-down and scrapped it across rocky cement stairs to break my fall only resulting in a minor cosmetic scratch underneath the LED indicator.

So to each their own...oh & I always go naked with all my devices. I get 3-4 per year so I don't worry about that kinda thing but I had to pay for a new back plate before returning the S3.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's all about where it hits but S3 cracked for me.

This. I once launched a phone off my motorcycle. It bounced multiple times, and didn't even crack the screen. Does that mean it would withstand any kind of blow? No, it means I was lucky. Aside from that, a sample size of one means less than nothing.
I also had weird result when I literally slammed my GNex screen-down and scrapped it across rocky cement stairs to break my fall only resulting in a minor cosmetic scratch underneath the LED indicator.

The s3 is Gorilla glass, so I suspect it would have survived a similar incident.

To claim the GS3 has poor build quality based on one example is a stretch. Frankly, I have a hard time believing it anyway. I've already dropped my SG3 harder than that and didn't even scratch the back.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what your point is. Polycarbonate is plastic. One of many different kinds of plastaic. A very durable plastic, indeed, but still plastic.

My point is that "general plastic" is not even close to being in the same league with polycarbonate which is used in many things, including bullet proof glass and the cover of fighter jets. While it is a 'plastic' it's not "run of the mill general plastic" at all.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Fine, but you're the only one who used the term "general plastic." In truth, there's no such thing as " run of the mill general plastic." There are literally hundreds of different kinds of plastic, all with characteristics that make them suitable for certain applications. You make polycarb seem snobbish. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Fine, but you're the only one who used the term "general plastic." In truth, there's no such thing as " run of the mill general plastic." There are literally hundreds of different kinds of plastic, all with characteristics that make them suitable for certain applications. You make polycarb seem snobbish. :)

"Plastic" brings up the thoughts of cheap plastic that breaks very easily. It's not making polycarbonate sounding snobbish, but there is a difference in what everyone generally calls "plastic" and polycarbonate. It's like saying that a Ford Pinto is a car and a Rolls Royce is a car so since they are both cars, they are basically the same. There is a world of difference in a Ford Pinto and a Rolls Royce, just as there is a world of difference in "plastic" and polycarbonate.

One of the big things that has been said against the S3, by Apple people and other phone people, is "it is made of cheap plastic" which is far from the truth. You can't feel the difference in cheap plastic and polycarbonate, but there is a huge difference. "Plastic" tends to make people think of something cheap that after you remove the battery cover a few times, it will stretch out or crack. It's actually more sturdy than the aluminum iphone at a fraction of the weight. Most people don't know what polycarbonate is and don't realize how strong it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX