Any idea why "Media" is causing my battery to plummit?

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I've seen issues with cell standby and google maps, but not with media. I am not downloading anything, or using any storage.... The most I've done in the past few days with my phone is check facebook a few times, play words with friends and send a couple texts.... nothing that would cause my battery to go from 100% to 0% in less than 6 hours. Any ideas?Screenshot_2013-01-04-08-06-09.pngScreenshot_2013-01-04-08-05-41.png

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's scanning it, you could try removing it and see if that clear's up the problem. Could be a bad file on the sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Bsheedy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you happen to play any music on your phone that is stored on SD card? I was listening to some music earlier in the day on mine and went to bed with my phone 100% charged, woke up 8 hours later and the battery had drained 20% overnight. I checked and media server had been awake the entire 8 hours. I did a reboot and it seems to have taken care of it for now. If you do a search you will find many others with same issue and some possible fixes.

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you recently transferred new files onto the SD card? If you find that the Media Scanner service is still draining your battery, it could indicate you have a corrupted file on the card (happenned to me). One possible fix is to take everything off the card, format it and put everything back on - keeping an eye on anything that you may have put on recently that may be causing the problem.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I've heard of the sd card bug. Some people say formatting the sd card fixes the issue.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

DanB1969

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I was seeing faster battery drain after upgrade to Jelly Bean, also due to the media application. I removed my SD card - around the same time I upgraded I also got a new 64GB card - and pulled the battery, and now battery life seems to be back to normal. I also turned off the "report from this device" in location settings. I need to figure out if it's this SD card, or the fact that I put more music on it, or what. My hope if that if I reformat the SD card things will be okay, would be a bummer not to have that work.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I didn't see what media player you were using, but some of these programs don't stop when you switch to another app. It may have been running the entire time, waiting for you to come back and press the play key again. I find the app "System Panel" to be very helpful for tracking down what apps are doing what in the background. Look at the "Monitor" option in the program.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463