I have a rooted Verizon GS3. For apps that normally require me to pay in order to install them from the Google Play, would I be able to install them on my phone if I find the app's apk files elsewhere online and manually flash it via CWM instead of paying for them?
    01-04-2013 11:19 AM
    This will likely be locked

Anyway, I don't think you will find much success because I believe you would still need the license

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

My notification bar >>>>>> yours
    01-04-2013 11:21 AM
    They'll most likely be malicious I wouldn't suggest it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    01-04-2013 01:05 PM
    Bad idea.
    01-04-2013 01:24 PM
    If you bought them from Google Play why don't you just reload them from Google Play?

easy peasy
    crester likes this.
    01-04-2013 01:25 PM
    I have a rooted Verizon GS3. For apps that normally require me to pay in order to install them from the Google Play, would I be able to install them on my phone if I find the app's apk files elsewhere online and manually flash it via CWM instead of paying for them?
    That's ILLEGAL!!! Why would you do that???? Support the people who are supplying us with apps.
    01-04-2013 01:28 PM
    The only legitimate way I can think of off the top of my head is if you bought games from a Humble Bundle or some such.

Those are just apks you download and sideload directly onto the device.

However, those apks are not set up to look for a google license check. They are just completely stand alone apps.

In any case, if you "bought" the app from the google play store, there's no compelling reason not to just re-install it from the play store.

-Suntan
    crester likes this.
    01-04-2013 02:07 PM
    Lol without root or CW, its easily done but its illegal and u have higher chance of virus and nearly always get ad-ware

Dont think he's askin bout apps he's payed for in past btw.
    Ill admit ive done it but after a virus and a few good email friendships with some dev's, never again
    And dont pm me askin how lol its simple enough

P.s, no-one recomend any sites, apps or way of doin it or youl defo get a slap on the wrists

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    01-04-2013 03:02 PM
    Thread locked. We're not helping someone pirate apps.

Sent from my SGSIII
    crester and bassmig like this.
    01-04-2013 03:19 PM