I just bought a Bluetooth device to use with my s3 while driving. It's not working how I thought it would, so I was wondering what it should be doing and what settings can be changed.

1. I have my phone plugged into an aux port. When I get a phone call, the call audio goes through the car speakers instead of the Bluetooth speakers. I know there is a bug with the s3 regarding Bluetooth and aux, but ideally, I would like the phone call audio to go through the Bluetooth speaker.

2. I'm in an app and want to use an in-app voice search. The phone uses the internal mic and not the Bluetooth mic. I want it to use the Bluetooth mic when connected.

Can either of these two things happen? Number 2 is a big one for me and I was disappointed when it didn't work. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    01-04-2013 10:13 PM
    Have you tried using BT without the aux cable plugged into the phone? Are you sure the phone is both paired and connected to the BT device?

I haven't tried using an aux cable and BT at the same time, but my Sprint S3 connects with my car BT flawlessly.
    01-04-2013 10:42 PM
    Have you tried using BT without the aux cable plugged into the phone? Are you sure the phone is both paired and connected to the BT device?

I haven't tried using an aux cable and BT at the same time, but my Sprint S3 connects with my car BT flawlessly.
    Yes, I unplugged the aux mid-conversation and the audio went through the phone's speakers. I'm pretty sure the phone was paired and connected to Bluetooth since the Bluetooth hands free symbol was lit up on the keypad.

EDIT: Today it magically worked, and the phone audio went through the bluetooth, as long as my phone wasn't connected to the aux port. I guess it was paired, but wasn't set up for audio properly.

01-04-2013 11:11 PM
    You can choose which type of bluetooth profile you want each device to use. Most modern bluetooth devices can do a2dp so you can usually go into the device settings and choose between call audio and media audio this way if you are paired to 2 devices you can one for call audio and one for media. This might help with your issue?
    01-05-2013 08:24 AM
    You can choose which type of bluetooth profile you want each device to use. Most modern bluetooth devices can do a2dp so you can usually go into the device settings and choose between call audio and media audio this way if you are paired to 2 devices you can one for call audio and one for media. This might help with your issue?
    How do I change it to media? I only see audio options. Is this on my phone or the device itself?

01-05-2013 10:07 AM
    When you go into your paired devices if the device is a2dp compliant you should get the 2 options.

Here is the sample on my Plantronics Headset.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibj4k9x0qx...2011.35.45.png
    01-05-2013 10:39 AM
    When you go into your paired devices if the device is a2dp compliant you should get the 2 options.

Here is the sample on my Plantronics Headset.
    My device isn't a2dp compliant, but does that option just enable music audio to go through the bluetooth? I still want my music audio to go through my aux port/car speakers, but I want the bluetooth device to be my microphone for voice commands. Right now, all I can do is use the bluetooth microphone for the phone application and I would like to use it for all voice commands.
    01-05-2013 02:40 PM
    If you want audio through Aux input 3.5mm jack and phone through Bluetooth SCO and don't want to mess with the pairing setting every time you get in the car, try SoundAbout from the Google Play store. The main app combined with the Pro key will do this with it's default settings.
    bassmig likes this.
    01-05-2013 08:30 PM
    If you want audio through Aux input 3.5mm jack and phone through Bluetooth SCO and don't want to mess with the pairing setting every time you get in the car, try SoundAbout from the Google Play store. The main app combined with the Pro key will do this with it's default settings.
    THANK YOU!! I just downloaded the pro version and it works perfectly! My music goes through the headphones, phone calls go through the bluetooth and voice commands go through the bluetooth. Exactly what I was looking for!
    01-05-2013 09:57 PM