Will Samsung galaxy s3 work in EU if bought in US?

Mennis93

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I live in Ireland and have relations over in the US at the moment and I was just wondering if I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 in the US would it work here in Ireland if it was bought sim free and factory unlocked?

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but if you got an S3 in the US that's SIM-free and unlocked, you'd probably be buying the same international version as in Ireland anyway. As far as I know, that's the only model available unlocked anywhere. The rest are all tied to their respective carriers. That's just how it works in the US.

That said, it may be possible to unlock an S3 from AT&T or T-Mobile to use in Ireland (maybe even the Verizon version, but I can't guarantee that). It just seems like a waste of time to me when you could just buy the international version unlocked - I mean, unless you really, really want the extra gigabyte of RAM and don't care about the Exynos processor.

Havaawn91

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
gwappa/Endless, I presume this will apply in the reverse also? That my unlocked Irish Samsung Galaxy S3 will work in the states if i buy a US sim? - I'm going on holidays for a few months and am unsure whether to buy a new phone over or to just get an American sim, if it's possible! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech