i just got my s3 last week. and its got a horrible lag, usually whenever i'm typing (either in the sms app or when using the internet) but it lags randomly at other times as well even when i'm not typing. i have already gone into the developer settings and changed the animation/transition settings and that wasn't a good fix. does anyone have any other suggestions i can try? this slowness is driving me wild!
    01-07-2013 02:12 PM
    Did you turn on power saving mode? That can reduce cpu clock speed, which might cause some lag. What other apps have you installed? I'd look for something running in the background sucking up CPU cycles.

Lag isn't normal for this phone, though. It normally flies through typical tasks.
    crester likes this.
    01-07-2013 03:44 PM
    Did you turn on power saving mode? That can reduce cpu clock speed, which might cause some lag. What other apps have you installed? I'd look for something running in the background sucking up CPU cycles.

Lag isn't normal for this phone, though. It normally flies through typical tasks.
    I am thinking this as well. Power save could be causing this.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    01-07-2013 06:03 PM
    I am thinking this as well. Power save could be causing this.

Power save doesn't do that to my GS3.
    I vote for other programs sucking the CPU time.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    01-07-2013 06:23 PM
    Power save doesn't do that to my GS3.
    I vote for other programs sucking the CPU time.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Depends what you have toggled for power save as well.

01-07-2013 06:25 PM
    Could be the keyboard also. Which one are you using?
    01-07-2013 06:48 PM
    Could be the keyboard also. Which one are you using?
    i'm currently using the swype keyboard
    01-08-2013 07:23 AM

nope, no power saving mode. i haven't installed much just yet, just a few things like facebook, instagram, pinterest, and a few little games like fruit ninja. its been laggy since before i did any downloading tho..
    01-08-2013 07:24 AM
    nope, no power saving mode. i haven't installed much just yet, just a few things like facebook, instagram, pinterest, and a few little games like fruit ninja. its been laggy since before i did any downloading tho..
    Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest all have background activities that could be contributing to your lag. I'd try disabling them one at a time and see if it helps any.
    01-08-2013 07:37 AM