Strange icon help

pskim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello and a Happy New Year.

I have attached a picture of my question, does anyone know what this red/green bar icon means? I had it repaired for a faulty microSD card drive and getting it after waiting 3 weeks I see this icon on top and I don't know what it is. Can anyone explain? Thank you.

Philip

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-08-10-01-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-08-10-01-30.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 54

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like its showing data traffic, have you added any kind of data app?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

pskim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. No, I haven't added any data apps. It came back to me like this. I tried everything on the setting to see if I can get rid of this little annoying icon but can't. And the phone is Galaxy S3 (docomo, Japan)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry i have no idea man :(
Hope u find the answer......

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Who repaired it? Ask them what they installed on your phone.

Did the phone get returned in a factory state (no installed apps)?
Do the colours move or change?
When you switch mobile data off, does the icon stay?

pskim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Did the phone get returned in a factory state (no installed apps)?
Do the colours move or change?
When you switch mobile data off, does the icon stay?
The Docomo store where I bought it have their own service station. That's where I got it fixed. It's not doing anything but it's just annoying. It also moves when I rotate the phone. Thanks anyway.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Kind of looks like the remote connection icon on a Windows machine. They may have installed some software so they can have remote access to the phone. On windows, the red side will turn green when IT accesses the computer. I'd bring it back and tell them to either get rid of it or give you another phone without it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The app System Panel will show you everything that's running on the phone, including both apps and services. And let you kill any of them. That should help you figure out where it's coming from.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just look through your installed apps, shouldn't be hard to determine what is there that was installed that YOU personally didn't install

And please let us know

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Kind of looks like the remote connection icon on a Windows machine. They may have installed some software so they can have remote access to the phone. On windows, the red side will turn green when IT accesses the computer. I'd bring it back and tell them to either get rid of it or give you another phone without it.
^ ^ ^ Agree. Take it back and tell them to remove it off your phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1357747005526.jpg
Looks a lot like this

Ram Booster app
It can be moved around or disabled within the app.
I use the widget before benchmarks to keep them scientific

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That's an on screen widget from an app that boosts ur memory

Sent from my Game Boy Advance....

Nah I'm just kidding, Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2, seeder and ktweaker kernel

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That's an on screen widget from an app that boosts ur memory

Sent from my Game Boy Advance....

Nah I'm just kidding, Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2, seeder and ktweaker kernel

See above dumdum :p :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol.
do u use the app bro?
it seems to clear more ram than the home button task killer...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There's no need for a memory booster on Android. Android 4.x manages memory just fine. And what good is empty memory? It's not like having empty RAM makes your apps run faster, or saves battery, or anything else. All it means is that when you want to start a recently used app, it's likely to be reloaded from ROM, which uses more battery, and slows the app startup.

Remove that app, and let Android do what it's designed to do.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
There's no need for a memory booster on Android. Android 4.x manages memory just fine. And what good is empty memory? It's not like having empty RAM makes your apps run faster, or saves battery, or anything else. All it means is that when you want to start a recently used app, it's likely to be reloaded from ROM, which uses more battery, and slows the app startup.

Remove that app, and let Android do what it's designed to do.

i know bro but when im testing diff CPU set ups, i feel the fairest most scientific way is to clear ALL ram.
dnt u agree?
its a manual one-touch widget that i use for that purpose only :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz