Galaxy S3: Can't pull down my notification bar anymore

Yessica Guzman1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

PLEASE HELP... I have pulled the battery/ shut it off and on numerous times/deleted all my apps/ did a factory reset 3 times and my notification panel still does not come up. Did not get any apps other then the ones the phones brings when i did the factory reset, i made a call and that did not work. I cleared my cache and still no notificaton panel. This is frustruating.. please help.

katnz70

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
PLEASE HELP... I have pulled the battery/ shut it off and on numerous times/deleted all my apps/ did a factory reset 3 times and my notification panel still does not come up. Did not get any apps other then the ones the phones brings when i did the factory reset, i made a call and that did not work. I cleared my cache and still no notificaton panel. This is frustruating.. please help.

I have also got the same problem. .have tried all suggestions here and Will now resort to sending it in for repair. Unfortunately my S4 got very slightly wet. I put it in a container of rice and while everything on the phone cam back as good as previously. ..The notification bar is still unusable. Very frustrating! If I hear useful advice from Samsung on repair (if repairable) will let you know. While this fault is likely moisture related it may be a general "weakness" in the S4?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
have tried all suggestions here
If you simply long-press at the very top of the screen (rather than dragging down) does anything happen?
You've tried doing this across all areas of the top of the screen?
What about if you open an app, then put the phone in landscape orientation - can you drag-down from there?

Does the rest of the touchscreen respond normally?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Anit Jain

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

What about if you open an app, then put the phone in landscape orientation - can you drag-down from there?

YES

Does the rest of the touchscreen respond normally?

YES

SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM NOW?

Angie4

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I too have had the same problem. I restarted from power off mode and it now works fine. It can't be apps I've downloaded because I haven't downloaded any. I also have problems wit screen not rotating sometimes and problems with touch screen not responding. Not sure if it's a problem with Galaxy S3 or my particular phone but not very impressed.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Not sure if it's a problem with Galaxy S3 or my particular phone but not very impressed.
None of the issues that you describe are standard behavior.

I gather that your phone is new? Or just new to you?

Have you tried booting into Safe mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

John Ferguson

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just started the same problem today. Screen is almost unresponsive. Long delay when I tap the Home button before the screen comes on. The phone sometimes shows a black background instead of my wallpaper. Either way, I cannot scroll open my Notifications. Gets warm in back to the right of the Lens.

Last edited:

Mark Wilson9

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
The problem you described about the S3 is exactly what mine is doing. In landscape mode, the pull down will work, otherwise it won't. Any ideas? I tried restarting it, holding down the top of the screen and nothing seems to work. Let me know if you happen to have a solution, Thanks, Mark

rogers3712

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and I'm having a similar issue. The notification bar will only pull down about half the time. I've gone so far as a full factory reset and have had no luck. I can't find anything on it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Gaby Feigin

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: nexus 4: Can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I had same problem, Nexus 4, latest Android 5.1.1. can't swipe down the notifications bar. But it does work while rotated, and occasionally first try after restart.
I've tried safe mode, the same. So it does not look as a persistant HW problem, or 3rd party app.
By chance I've found that while the phone is locked, and only then, it works fine. So I start to think it is a software bug, probably android bug.
The problem started few days ago, with a previous version.

Jeff W2

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I noticed that this happened on My new Galaxy 5. I looked back through the updates and found that Lookout Security had updated just an hour before. I don't even use this app so I disabled and uninstalled. Problem solved!!

Good luck

manu tewari

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG g3: Can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I have LG G3. the pull down notification bar stopped working suddenly. It was difficult to pull it down a few days ago but now its completely gone.
I can pull it down only in landscape mode that too with the help of a app.

I have tried safe mode , restarting, battery removal, uninstalling all additional apps. but nothing works.

I have recently rooted and upgraded to Android 6.0

Drew Ramos

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up to those who have this problem.

While diagnosing my Co-Worker's Note 5, he mentioned it's not letting him pull down the top notification bar. I took it into developer mode and when 'Pointer Location' was enabled, it was clear that NOTHING was registering on the very top of the screen when I was swiping my finger up and down repeatedly. It looks and reacts like water damage, he even mentioned he got it a little wet.

Just wanted to share my results.

2017 It's always been a Samsung problem. Software glitch. Use power button to blank the screen, then back on. Fixes it until next time. It seems to be a sleep glitch or something. Don't waste your time rebooting, factory resets, or other Factory rhetorical answers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781