Galaxy S3: Can't pull down my notification bar anymore

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I haven't heard of that happening. But a battery pull (and waiting at least two minutes before reinserting the battery) seems to regularly fix lots of weird glitches and stuff. ;)

I guess I always suppose that people, having a hardware or software issue, would automatically reboot their phone. :)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I haven't heard of that happening. But a battery pull (and waiting at least two minutes before reinserting the battery) seems to regularly fix lots of weird glitches and stuff. ;)

I guess I always suppose that people, having a hardware or software issue, would automatically reboot their phone. :)

HaHa. If you've ever owned a BB, you know all about battery pulls. They even had an app for that. Pretty lame.LOL

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

HaHa. If you've ever owned a BB, you know all about battery pulls. They even had an app for that. Pretty lame.LOL

theres an app?? lmao just told my fiance :)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Nathan Beirne

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I am experiencing this problem too but it is inconviniant to be rebooting your phone all the time

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Nathan,
It certainly is inconvenient, along with usually being unnecessary. If your phone is constantly having this problem then more likely than not you've installed something that's causing the problem.
You can either look for other apps that modify notifications, or the Status bar or something similar, and start uninstalling until you come across the right one, or you can perform a Factory Reset and clear everything out. If you decide on the latter, be sure to backup all of your important data first. And install your apps again in small increments so that you can keep track of when the weird behavior occurs again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

boniqua_styles

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

this happened after i installed instagram!!!!! so yea rebooting did the trick...does this mean i have to uninstall instagram...n then reinstall it wen i wanna use it... cuz thats dumb:mad:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I looked through the Google Play Store reviews on Instagram (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.instagram.android&token=mW4vm61a) and didn't see any recent comments that made note of this issue. But if you have this problem immediately after running the app, and only a reboot solves it, then you should probably email the Instagram team and report your problem.
It may be that Instagram doesn't play well with some other app that you have installed - you could look at other apps that also utilize Notifications and temporarily uninstall them one-by-one to see if you can find the culprit.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

BluegrassDawn

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

I had this same problem and took some advice I saw here. It turns out that the "Mobile Metronome" app had jacked up my ability to drag that status bar down. After uninstalling it, the status bar worked again as advertised. :) Thanks for the tip on uninstalling new apps to find the one responsible!

salmmus

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I have the same dang problem and thought it was the cheap plastic covering on the phone. But after reading and tearing my phone apart, I've come to the conclusion that it is an app. I did try to do a reset by using the menu option "Restore factory Defaults" and it didn't fix it. If a hard reset is different, let me know for my HTC Evo 4G on Virgin Mobile. This is ridiculous. Imagine how many people struggle with it and possibly damaged their phones thinking the phone is at fault!!!! When i did the restore factory defaults options, it added all apps back afterwards through Google play. I have too many important apps and several leave the files behind!! Too bad I have to go through each one and uninstall one by one. When I find the culprit, I will be dang sure to post a review on Google Play so nobody else gets hurt!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I have too many important apps
Candy Crush?

There's a setting in the Google Play Store that'll stop it from automatically reinstalling your apps after a Factory Reset. I just avoid it by bypassing the Google account setup during the initial setup. Then I come back and manually add my Google account and it doesn't reinstall everything under the sun.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

HeatherDawn

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

Just got my GS4 and had this problem with in my first 3 days. Did some digging around and found it happens after I get a call. I also found out that to fix it, you simply make a call. A little easier than rebooting, but still annoying...

Hope this helps. But more so, I hope there is a fix to this bug.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, (note, only once so far) that's when it happened. Fix was to make another call.

Have you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Yusof Ali

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

Just got my GS4 and had this problem with in my first 3 days. Did some digging around and found it happens after I get a call. I also found out that to fix it, you simply make a call. A little easier than rebooting, but still annoying...

Hope this helps. But more so, I hope there is a fix to this bug.

Yes, it happen to me the same thing can't pulldown. I follow what heather said, make a call to solve the problem, it better than reboot but still not satisfied.

lellisonline

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
can't pull down my notification bar anymore

I tried to switch off my phone completely and restarted it... Great ... the notification panel could be brought down and up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle