04-27-2013 08:19 AM
47 12
tools
    Well to be fair, Apple is spending money on patent lawsuits and other companies are spending money to defend themselves in court.
    No, Samsung has sued Apple, and other companies, too.
    01-18-2013 09:23 PM
    Did this guy say Android doesnt do anything? Is he serious? Apple has this guy in their back pocket.
    01-18-2013 09:44 PM
    No, Samsung has sued Apple, and other companies, too.

hahahaha..you must not know Apple's history with suing people. They started with Microsoft, years ago.
    01-18-2013 09:45 PM
    Roger has always been a character. One of the great lines he had in a Palm Pre video was the claim that the Pre "Eats iPhones for breakfast".
    01-18-2013 11:11 PM
    Here is that humerous vid...

01-18-2013 11:18 PM
    hahahaha..you must not know Apple's history with suing people. They started with Microsoft, years ago.
    Care to post a timeline of companies suing each other?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    01-19-2013 01:39 AM
    Care to post a timeline of companies suing each other?

No need, we are talking about Apple suing companies and companies having to spend money to defend that. Suing the competition out of business or at least trying to, has been Apple's business model for many years.
    01-19-2013 01:44 AM
    Roger has always been a character. One of the great lines he had in a Palm Pre video was the claim that the Pre "Eats iPhones for breakfast".
    It kind of did at one point.

Well let me rephrase. WebOS ate iOS for breakfast at one point. (still does in a couple features)
    01-19-2013 09:40 AM
    No need, we are talking about Apple suing companies and companies having to spend money to defend that. Suing the competition out of business or at least trying to, has been Apple's business model for many years.
    lol.

01-19-2013 12:03 PM
    lol.

Yeah again, might want to check what they did to Microsoft, what Jobs has said about how they would steal ideas and their little war with Samsung all over the world.

Yeah, it's the business model of Apple.
    01-19-2013 12:06 PM
    It's all a game. Apple sues Sammy, Sammy sues back. They make headlines, they do a cross patent deal and start again.

The only ones that lose is the consumer

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    01-19-2013 12:19 PM
    It's all a game. Apple sues Sammy, Sammy sues back. They make headlines, they do a cross patent deal and start again.

The only ones that lose is the consumer

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    I think it's a good chance it's done, would be surprised after most recent court issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    01-19-2013 12:27 PM
    Umm, did you actually read my comments in this thread? Apparently not. I said "too." The point was that all of these companies are suing each other, not just Apple, not just Samsung, not just Microsoft.
    Ry likes this.
    01-19-2013 01:44 PM
    Umm, did you actually read my comments in this thread? Apparently not. I said "too." The point was that all of these companies are suing each other, not just Apple, not just Samsung, not just Microsoft.
    Guess you missed my point..Apple is the one that started this crap and has carried out to an insane level. Companies paid to defend, Apple still didn't stop. Finally companies started giving Apple a taste of their own medicine. That is defense move. Now some companies have discovered they, like Apple can get patents they should never be given, then sue. They are now following the APPLE business model.

01-19-2013 01:53 PM
    Apple has always tried to bully competition, not innovate, until just a few months ago, they were being allowed to do it. APPLE left innovation a long, long time ago.

01-19-2013 01:57 PM
    Do I think Apple sucks, and tries to abuse it's patents? Yes. Was Apple the first tech company to do this? Not hardly. Is it the only company to abuse this? Not hardly. You let other companies off the hook far to easily.
    Ry likes this.
    01-19-2013 02:05 PM
    Do I think Apple sucks, and tries to abuse it's patents? Yes. Was Apple the first tech company to do this? Not hardly. Is it the only company to abuse this? Not hardly. You let other companies off the hook far to easily.
    No, I don't let other companies off the hook. I still say Apple started this as their business model , back in I believe the 90's if I remember correctly and it also included Hewlett Packard, not just Microsoft. Never said Apple was the only or first company to sue for copyright, nope, not at all. I said in the computer and cell phone industry, Apple set the stage to stop innovation, get patents for everything under the sun, the patent office gave them all kinds of patents that should have never been given to anyone and then Apple started on the road to try and push the competition out of the way by trying to sue them to death. Apple got great treatment for this in the USA, especially against foreign companies, as they did with Samsung just recently. BUT..that is being changed now. That big court win for Apple here is about to be turned around.

People should sue for blatant copyright infringements, that is their right and they should do that, but when the patent office starts granting patents for things that can't be a patent and then the company is allowed to sue everyone and their neighbor, that is the issue. That is where Apple started it. If I were these companies, I would sue Apple for thinking about infringing on my copyright at this point, if it is good for Apple to sue, it is good to be sued back, even if my patent should have never been allowed. Had Apple stuck with innovation, something they used to be very good at, then they wouldn't have to worry about competition, that would take care of itself. Long ago in the cell phone industry, Apple became the "big guy" here in the USA and they threw that weight around with lawsuits. When they went after Samsung, they found they weren't such a big guy in the International World anymore.

There is a lot that none of them should be suing for and I'm expecting that to stop soon as the patent office is now having to admit they gave patents that should not have been allowed. Apple paved this road and many have ended up going down it and I feel that many went down it as a proactive defense in many cases because of what Apple had done for years.

Make no mistake, I am the anti-fan of Apple for one reason and one reason only..their business model of getting patents they shouldn't get and suing when they shouldn't sue instead of developing their product.

Another recent one stating what I am saying:

Mac News: Legal: Dutch Court: Apple Can't Corner the Rounded-Corner Market
    01-19-2013 02:20 PM
    Seriously..sue over "rounded corners" for real? Apple didn't invent rounded corners, playing cards have had them for a very long time.
    01-19-2013 02:26 PM
    "Picasso had a saying: 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas"
    Steve Jobs 1994

01-19-2013 02:36 PM
    "Picasso had a saying: 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas"
    Steve Jobs 1994

EXACTLY..has always been what Apple has done and they steal from someone else and then sue another person. That is shameful.
    01-19-2013 02:42 PM
    "Samsung has made more money from Android in one quarter than Google did with all their products and services." I think Google is in the wrong business.

Samsung's Q4 2012 financial earnings: "We made lots of money" | Android Central
    Ry likes this.
    01-24-2013 09:39 PM
    With Tizen, they might stop being as powerful in the Android Field.
    If Tizen is any good, and Samsung Isn't the only one that's using that OS.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    04-27-2013 08:19 AM
47 12