Samsung to take over Android?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that's about the only thing he got right. Those companies are all spending as much money on patents, and patent lawsuits, as they are on product development.

But "maybe apple"? I mean really? The one who most recently has taken full advantage of the broken patent system and cause god only knows how much innovation dollars to be instead spent on defense in court?

I am not saying the other companies are innocent, but to say maybe apple is like saying the Nazis might have had something to do with ww2 at this point.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is the same guy that predicted and invested big time on Palm Pre. He obviously is a big time proponent of, and investor in Apple. While he has done well for himself, and hit a few "Out of the Park", I do not think Android is going anywhere anytime soon (only time will tell).

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just to give another reference point, the guy claimed on Charlie Rose that the shortest increment of time in the universe is the amount of time between when the AppleTV is announced and when he pre-orders it.

Not an Apple Fanboy? I disagree.

-Suntan

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, that's about the only thing he got right. Those companies are all spending as much money on patents, and patent lawsuits, as they are on product development.

Well to be fair, Apple is spending money on patent lawsuits and other companies are spending money to defend themselves in court.

duanedude1

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Roger has always been a character. One of the great lines he had in a Palm Pre video was the claim that the Pre "Eats iPhones for breakfast".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Care to post a timeline of companies suing each other?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

No need, we are talking about Apple suing companies and companies having to spend money to defend that. Suing the competition out of business or at least trying to, has been Apple's business model for many years.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Roger has always been a character. One of the great lines he had in a Palm Pre video was the claim that the Pre "Eats iPhones for breakfast".

It kind of did at one point.

Well let me rephrase. WebOS ate iOS for breakfast at one point. (still does in a couple features)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No need, we are talking about Apple suing companies and companies having to spend money to defend that. Suing the competition out of business or at least trying to, has been Apple's business model for many years.

lol.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
lol.

Yeah again, might want to check what they did to Microsoft, what Jobs has said about how they would steal ideas and their little war with Samsung all over the world.

Yeah, it's the business model of Apple.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's all a game. Apple sues Sammy, Sammy sues back. They make headlines, they do a cross patent deal and start again.

The only ones that lose is the consumer

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's all a game. Apple sues Sammy, Sammy sues back. They make headlines, they do a cross patent deal and start again.

The only ones that lose is the consumer

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

I think it's a good chance it's done, would be surprised after most recent court issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
hahahaha..you must not know Apple's history with suing people. They started with Microsoft, years ago.

Umm, did you actually read my comments in this thread? Apparently not. I said "too." The point was that all of these companies are suing each other, not just Apple, not just Samsung, not just Microsoft.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm, did you actually read my comments in this thread? Apparently not. I said "too." The point was that all of these companies are suing each other, not just Apple, not just Samsung, not just Microsoft.

Guess you missed my point..Apple is the one that started this crap and has carried out to an insane level. Companies paid to defend, Apple still didn't stop. Finally companies started giving Apple a taste of their own medicine. That is defense move. Now some companies have discovered they, like Apple can get patents they should never be given, then sue. They are now following the APPLE business model.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple has always tried to bully competition, not innovate, until just a few months ago, they were being allowed to do it. APPLE left innovation a long, long time ago.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000