maybe a Samsung s3

daves1600

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Blackberry 9810 Torch and I'm thinking about getting a S3 as I like the Android features. One thing I am really hooked on with the BB is the calendar, does the android have it and especially the S3. It may sound weird but I live by my calendar and rely on my BB to show my schd and remind me of appt's

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Blackberry 9810 Torch and I'm thinking about getting a S3 as I like the Android features. One thing I am really hooked on with the BB is the calendar, does the android have it and especially the S3. It may sound weird but I live by my calendar and rely on my BB to show my schd and remind me of appt's

I cannot think of a single smartphone that does not have a calendar? Also, there are numerous choices if you do not like the stock one.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you may be disappointed in the standard S3 calendar's feature set. But as others have suggested, there are many, many options in calendars for Android. In fact, there was an article here on AC just in the last day or two about Android calendars. Look for it, and be sure to read the comments, as I think AC missed a few really good ones.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

There are a TON of calendar apps out there. meyerweb is right, AC just posted an article outlining a bunch of them. Here's the link:
The best calendar apps for Android | Android Central

Also, just this week on the All About Android podcast, they compared three calendars in the Arena. Here are the show notes:
All About Android 92 - The Official TWiT Wiki (AC also covered one or two of these, but not Zime).

And I don't think either group mentioned the actual Google-made calendar app, which does not come preloaded on the GS3:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.google.android.calendar&token=phrXFC3s

Personally, I like the Samsung calendar that came with the GS3. But hands down, the best calendar app for WIDGETS is Business Calendar. It offers a resizable, scrolling agenda widget that I'm absolutely in love with. Check it out:
Free: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=netgenius.bizcal&token=i4jltuoQ
Pro ($5): https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=mikado.bizcalpro&token=k111S4o2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I went from bb to iphone first and was extremely disappointed with the lack of calendar options (for example setting an event to repeat on certain days of the week) and had to buy an app to accommodate my needs. So far the Android calendar has made me a lot happier. But its been a long time since ive had the blackberry calendar to compare ro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay