I have a Blackberry 9810 Torch and I'm thinking about getting a S3 as I like the Android features. One thing I am really hooked on with the BB is the calendar, does the android have it and especially the S3. It may sound weird but I live by my calendar and rely on my BB to show my schd and remind me of appt's
    01-17-2013 07:59 PM
    I have a Blackberry 9810 Torch and I'm thinking about getting a S3 as I like the Android features. One thing I am really hooked on with the BB is the calendar, does the android have it and especially the S3. It may sound weird but I live by my calendar and rely on my BB to show my schd and remind me of appt's
    I cannot think of a single smartphone that does not have a calendar? Also, there are numerous choices if you do not like the stock one.
    01-17-2013 08:04 PM
    thanks. I thought that might be the case but ........ thanks
    01-17-2013 08:12 PM
    Non-smartphones even have calendars. Does Blackberry sell a calendar as a feature of their phones?
    01-17-2013 08:15 PM
    it is one of their features and is real handy and you can set an alarm to remind you besides just showing it in my calendar
    01-17-2013 08:25 PM
    I think you may be disappointed in the standard S3 calendar's feature set. But as others have suggested, there are many, many options in calendars for Android. In fact, there was an article here on AC just in the last day or two about Android calendars. Look for it, and be sure to read the comments, as I think AC missed a few really good ones.
    01-17-2013 08:58 PM
    There are a TON of calendar apps out there. meyerweb is right, AC just posted an article outlining a bunch of them. Here's the link:
    The best calendar apps for Android | Android Central

Also, just this week on the All About Android podcast, they compared three calendars in the Arena. Here are the show notes:
    All About Android 92 - The Official TWiT Wiki (AC also covered one or two of these, but not Zime).

And I don't think either group mentioned the actual Google-made calendar app, which does not come preloaded on the GS3:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.calendar

Personally, I like the Samsung calendar that came with the GS3. But hands down, the best calendar app for WIDGETS is Business Calendar. It offers a resizable, scrolling agenda widget that I'm absolutely in love with. Check it out:
    Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tgenius.bizcal
    Pro ($5): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kado.bizcalpro
    01-17-2013 09:28 PM
    I went from bb to iphone first and was extremely disappointed with the lack of calendar options (for example setting an event to repeat on certain days of the week) and had to buy an app to accommodate my needs. So far the Android calendar has made me a lot happier. But its been a long time since ive had the blackberry calendar to compare ro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    01-18-2013 06:41 PM