09-25-2016 03:31 PM
93 ... 234
tools
    Anyone can start a Q&A thread. If you have a question, start a thread about it, and lot's of people will jump in to help.
    03-07-2014 01:32 PM
    i have recently dropped my S3 and the screen was cracked but the screen was still working but now, the screen is completely black but everything is still working.. what do i do
    03-12-2014 03:21 PM
    what do i do
    Well, it would have been a good start if you had posted this in a thread about broken screens/black screens (since there are plenty of similar posts), rather than in a thread about battery life.

But you're here, so off we go...
    This doesn't sound like a software problem, but you can try booting into Safe mode just to be sure http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242

Assuming that doesn't pan out, you can try booting into Recovery mode or Download mode:
    - you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
    - you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
    - the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
    -- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
    -- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
    - for either, you start with the phone completely off
    - press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)

Try Recovery mode first (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart.

Since that probably won't make a difference your only other choice is to replace the screen assembly:

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

(It could be that the connector between the screen and mainboard got knocked slightly loose, but I doubt it. Couldn't hurt to check though, as long as you're comfortable with taking the phone apart.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    03-12-2014 06:50 PM
    I really do need help, not only with my phone, but how to start a post with my particular question.... so forgive me if I am in the wrong spot....

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy s3 sph-l710 sprint, from a lady who up graded.... its a really nice clean phone.... any way, a couple of days of searching the web and doing a few tricks.... this phone is now rooted, finally the clockworkmod is working... and now I have my MSL# I can type in ##data# and it gives me access to unlock the phone, but this is where im stuck.... now what??? I can get in to all kinds of areas, but dont know the right way to unlock this cdma phone!

be gentle with me... I can communicate with animals, but this phone is not communicating to me!

thanks
    Kay

- - - Updated - - -

I really do need help, not only with my phone, but how to start a post with my particular question.... so forgive me if I am in the wrong spot....

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy s3 sph-l710 sprint, from a lady who up graded.... its a really nice clean phone.... any way, a couple of days of searching the web and doing a few tricks.... this phone is now rooted, finally the clockworkmod is working... and now I have my MSL# I can type in ##data# and it gives me access to unlock the phone, but this is where im stuck.... now what??? I can get in to all kinds of areas, but dont know the right way to unlock this cdma phone!

be gentle with me... I can communicate with animals, but this phone is not communicating to me!

thank
    04-17-2014 07:02 PM
    To post a new thread, navigate to the forum you want to post in. On the left side, near the top, just under the forum name you'll see a button that says "Post New Thread." (This is assuming you're using the web to view the forum.)

As for unlocking your phone, what is it you hope to accomplish? "Unlocking" usually refers to SIM unlocking a GSM phone (e.g., AT&T and T-Mobile) so you can use it on a different carrier. That doesn't apply to CDMA phones from Sprint or Verizon.
    GSDer likes this.
    04-19-2014 11:08 AM
    Hello,

I need HELP please urgently !!! My samsung galaxy S3 is having wifi problems. It's connected but the wifi signal is very weak even though my other devices have strong signal. So I know there is something wrong with the wifi only on my galaxy S3.
    Thanks lot!!
    05-17-2014 12:39 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    It's connected but the wifi signal is very weak even though my other devices have strong signal.
    I'd agree that it sounds like something is wrong with your phone. Did it ever work correctly?
    If so, what else happened when the problem started?
    Does it work correctly anywhere else (ex. free Wi-Fi at the library or other locations)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2014 02:38 AM
    my S3 is completely broken screen wise thees nothing there touch sensors are cooked but ineed my contacts its really important that i get them. when its plugged in it still lights up and the start up noise kicks in just fine still vibrates when i move the whole phone certain ways i tried kies but it needs password and i cant do anything on the s3 screen to unlock it.. its a sprint can you help me???
    05-25-2014 01:23 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    i tried kies but it needs password and i cant do anything on the s3 screen to unlock it
    You could try something like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009QW3TBK/...cUvbUpU3674308 - that would allow you to connect it to a TV or monitor and use a USB mouse/keyboard for navigation/input.

Or you could replace the screen assembly yourself - here are a couple of sources:

http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-25-2014 01:24 PM
    Hi , need help

The Charging icon of My Samsung Galaxy S3 is Frozen. It doesnot display Charging or discharging %tage, not allowing me to know how much my Phone is charged (while Plugged on AC) or discharged (While on Battery). But when i restart the phone actual Charge %tage is displayed & same gets frozen.

Plz help me to overcome this issue.
    06-12-2014 05:59 AM
    Hello and welcome to the forums!
    The Charging icon of My Samsung Galaxy S3 is Frozen.
    It sounds like you're referring to the icon on the Status bar, right?

Are you using a 3rd party launcher?

You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 to see if the problem goes away - if it does then a 3rd party application is causing your issue.

If it behaves the same in Safe mode you may want to consider a Factory Reset.

06-12-2014 01:36 PM
    Hi,

Factory reset i have already tried but to no avail.

Also the safe mode link provided by you shows "page is unavailable".

Plz support for resolution.
    06-13-2014 05:56 AM
    The link above (for safe mode) works fine for me.

After you factory reset, did you re-install, or let Google automatically re-install, all of your apps? If so, I suspect some app you have installed is causing the problem. Booting into safe mode will prevent 3rd party apps from booting, so that's the first thing to try. Here's another link to safe mode I found with a Google search: How To Enable And Disable Safe Mode On Samsung Galaxy S3

If this occurs even with a completely stock, factory reset, phone, with no additional software installed, then something odd is occurring.

Are you on a completely stock ROM, or are you rooted? If rooted, have you removed or frozen any apps? Are you running a custom ROM or kernel? If you've modified anything, there's no telling what might be causing the problem.

Do you have any task killing apps, or any apps designed to improve battery life? Have you installed any apps designed to modify the battery display?
    06-13-2014 12:57 PM
    Have tried almost all possible ways.

It seems to be a Hardware issue.
    06-16-2014 04:45 AM
    Hi! I am new here with some battery questions. As many of us have experienced, there are two huge problems with battery/charging almost any phone with a micro-USB interface, and the second problem being a ridiculously short battery life on the S3.

I have replaced 3 phones with bad charge ports (the port solder to the board failed/cracked and no longer made a connection., Many of us have tried everything. Charging it upside down, pushing really hard until you finally get a red light, only to be disappointed in the morning that iii is still red and has only charged 28%. ETC.

Anyway, I got smart and bought a wall charger for a whopping $4, and I have an extra battery. I am NOT replacing any more perfectly good phones because of the charge port issue. I have 3 teenage daughters, all with Android and the port of ill repute, called micro USB.

Anyway, my question now is how can I get maximum use time between charges. I have heard of a Hyperion 3500 mah but there are SO MANY aftermarket; cheap Chinese batteries that I don't know what will give me my moneys worth.
    '
    Can anyone offer advice from direct experience. BTW, I do not have an I 9300. I have the L-710. I USED to have the I-9300, but because I was 4 days out of warranty last time the port failed this is what they gave me. It has a slightly lower resolution, and I don't car because I can only watch 1 movie before the battery dies.

So, please direct me to a battery that I can get better performance with if you can, and thank you for being here!!!!

-Chris
    05-01-2015 08:40 AM
    i had some voice recordings on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I sent it to the shop, an now that i have received it back i cannot get the voice recording that I taped back. Can you help
    09-28-2015 02:56 PM
    get a new screen.
    09-28-2015 03:01 PM
    Awesome! very helpfull!
    09-25-2016 03:31 PM
93 ... 234