Is google NOW's voice commands same as "Google voice actions"?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I remember when google voice came out, they had this google kid giving really complex spoken instructions about museums and brunching.

Is this the same thing ( and same set of commands as what happens when you hold the menu, say google, and then start talking?)

Thanks for the clarification,
Mike

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I remember when google voice came out, they had this google kid giving really complex spoken instructions about museums and brunching.

Is this the same thing ( and same set of commands as what happens when you hold the menu, say google, and then start talking?)

Thanks for the clarification,
Mike

I have it set for a double click on my home button and it is ready for me to speak, but that is where I say "set alarm for 15 mins" or "text Jane Doe, I'll be there in 5" or "call Jane Doe" or "email Jane Doe" blah, blah, blah or "open Facebook" is that is what you are asking.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was curious what types of things you can say and ask it to do. If it is the same thing as google voice actions, I'll hunt down that youtube video. If it's different syntax or commands, I'll have to hunt down those. So far, I only asked it to "call ____" (which it does pretty well !)

Thx

Mike

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was curious what types of things you can say and ask it to do. If it is the same thing as google voice actions, I'll hunt down that youtube video. If it's different syntax or commands, I'll have to hunt down those. So far, I only asked it to "call ____" (which it does pretty well !)

Thx

Mike

There is a youtube video that I saw at one time. Now you can speak more "real world" with Google Now. I've not done much emailing, etc with it. I want to test that out and some other things. One thing I know is that it does not need a data connection for you to "dictate" so you can do a long email when you have no connection and then just send it when you have one.