Wonky Samsung Calendar Question and Sounds

dagactor

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Have had 3 Motorola Androids and just switched to an S3...trying to get the hang of some of the Samsung stuff, it sure looks pretty, but it's not very intuitive! Two questions to start...

1. Why doesn't the Samsung Calendar automatically give me a reminder? Adding one every time is annoying.

2. Is there a way to stop the phone from making unnecessary noises when I plug it in, use voice typing, or on startup/shutdown?

Thanks to any with help!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have had 3 Motorola Androids and just switched to an S3...trying to get the hang of some of the Samsung stuff, it sure looks pretty, but it's not very intuitive! Two questions to start...

1. Why doesn't the Samsung Calendar automatically give me a reminder? Adding one every time is annoying.

2. Is there a way to stop the phone from making unnecessary noises when I plug it in, use voice typing, or on startup/shutdown?

Thanks to any with help!!!

You have to go to the main setting of the calender and set the default. Open the calendar app and then click the menu bar, choose settings and it's all there.

The noises..some can be turned off and some can't. The plug in noise, don't know of a way to stop that, nor start up/shut down. Phones used to have that option though. The voice typing? Do you mean the sound it makes when you click the microphone and it's ready?

dagactor

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
re: Calendar...but there's no setting to default have a reminder, there's a default time, but you have to manually add the reminder. It's nitpicky, but should be doable.

re: Sound...exactly, when you click the microphone it make a beep. I just hate all that extra noise. Again, I'm a nitpicker. Just felt like my Droids were easier to deal with this stuff on.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
re: Calendar...but there's no setting to default have a reminder, there's a default time, but you have to manually add the reminder. It's nitpicky, but should be doable.

That's correct, and it's a pain. Download the free Google calendar from the play store. It will default to having an alarm, and works similarly in other respects: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.google.android.calendar&token=OMKZTCwV

Regarding sounds, you can probably eliminate them by rooting, but otherwise I don't know of a way. I guess I don't find the brief noise on startup, shutdown, and plugging or unplugging the charger cord to be a significant problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

re: Sound...exactly, when you click the microphone it make a beep. I just hate all that extra noise. Again, I'm a nitpicker. Just felt like my Droids were easier to deal with this stuff on.

You set the defaults and tap the + key.

dagactor

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Ha, no, not a significant problem, I just like peace and quiet. :) Thanks for the calendar suggestion, I'll do that. Too bad, that S-Cal was pretty.

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow I have the exact opposite problem. I don't want reminders, but my calendar automatically adds a 10 min reminder that I have to go in and manually remove.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463