Have had 3 Motorola Androids and just switched to an S3...trying to get the hang of some of the Samsung stuff, it sure looks pretty, but it's not very intuitive! Two questions to start...

1. Why doesn't the Samsung Calendar automatically give me a reminder? Adding one every time is annoying.

2. Is there a way to stop the phone from making unnecessary noises when I plug it in, use voice typing, or on startup/shutdown?

Thanks to any with help!!!
    01-20-2013 01:53 AM
    Have had 3 Motorola Androids and just switched to an S3...trying to get the hang of some of the Samsung stuff, it sure looks pretty, but it's not very intuitive! Two questions to start...

1. Why doesn't the Samsung Calendar automatically give me a reminder? Adding one every time is annoying.

2. Is there a way to stop the phone from making unnecessary noises when I plug it in, use voice typing, or on startup/shutdown?

Thanks to any with help!!!
    You have to go to the main setting of the calender and set the default. Open the calendar app and then click the menu bar, choose settings and it's all there.

The noises..some can be turned off and some can't. The plug in noise, don't know of a way to stop that, nor start up/shut down. Phones used to have that option though. The voice typing? Do you mean the sound it makes when you click the microphone and it's ready?
    01-20-2013 01:50 PM
    re: Calendar...but there's no setting to default have a reminder, there's a default time, but you have to manually add the reminder. It's nitpicky, but should be doable.

re: Sound...exactly, when you click the microphone it make a beep. I just hate all that extra noise. Again, I'm a nitpicker. Just felt like my Droids were easier to deal with this stuff on.
    01-20-2013 04:25 PM
    re: Calendar...but there's no setting to default have a reminder, there's a default time, but you have to manually add the reminder. It's nitpicky, but should be doable.
    That's correct, and it's a pain. Download the free Google calendar from the play store. It will default to having an alarm, and works similarly in other respects: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.calendar

Regarding sounds, you can probably eliminate them by rooting, but otherwise I don't know of a way. I guess I don't find the brief noise on startup, shutdown, and plugging or unplugging the charger cord to be a significant problem.
    dagactor likes this.
    01-20-2013 04:45 PM

re: Sound...exactly, when you click the microphone it make a beep. I just hate all that extra noise. Again, I'm a nitpicker. Just felt like my Droids were easier to deal with this stuff on.
    You set the defaults and tap the + key.
    01-20-2013 05:05 PM
    Ha, no, not a significant problem, I just like peace and quiet. :-) Thanks for the calendar suggestion, I'll do that. Too bad, that S-Cal was pretty.
    01-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Wow I have the exact opposite problem. I don't want reminders, but my calendar automatically adds a 10 min reminder that I have to go in and manually remove.
    01-21-2013 12:15 PM
    We can trade phones!
    01-22-2013 02:50 PM
    03-25-2013 09:29 AM