any new updates beyond 4.1.1 coming for the verizon Galaxy S3?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
4.1.1 is JellyBean and 4.1.2 is the JellyBean update that includes multi-view, page buddy, etc.

See here.
I believe the enhancements you mentioned are Touchwiz enhancements that come with that version of Jellybean. Native Jellybean doesn't have all that.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They have been pulling some of the features from the note and putting them in until a proper sgs3 rom comes along. I am kinda surprised one hasn't surfaced since the UK got the upgrade a bit ago

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
To chime in, some features that Samsung is rolling out with these updates use Touchwiz, so if you have a non-touchwiz "ROM", some things just can't be ported easily. 4.1.2 SHOULD have been released to all carriers at the same time, but we have seen that both AT&T and Verizon are both VERY slow to release updates. Beyond 4.1.2, nothing has been announced at this point. 4.2 may or may not be released for the S3, and then we have Key Lime Pie that will be announced in March, and that is where my own interest is focused for updates beyond 4.1.2.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
To chime in, some features that Samsung is rolling out with these updates use Touchwiz, so if you have a non-touchwiz "ROM", some things just can't be ported easily. 4.1.2 SHOULD have been released to all carriers at the same time, but we have seen that both AT&T and Verizon are both VERY slow to release updates. Beyond 4.1.2, nothing has been announced at this point. 4.2 may or may not be released for the S3, and then we have Key Lime Pie that will be announced in March, and that is where my own interest is focused for updates beyond 4.1.2.

Cm10 already has 4.2 I believe

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They do, it is cm 10.1 but I am not sure that they have released a final build for it yet. I think they are still calling them nightlies though they are pretty much done.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
They do, it is cm 10.1 but I am not sure that they have released a final build for it yet. I think they are still calling them nightlies though they are pretty much done.

I think their first monthly came out yesterday or the day before

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger