my Galaxy s3 will not connect to Mac

Matt Adamski

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have an AT&T galaxy s3 SGH1747 on android 4.1 and I was going to buy iSyncer so I could have iTunes playlists on my phone. I got the lite version to test it out. My phone cannot connect. It charges but as a camera or a media device with usb debugging enabled or disabled it does not work. I have android file transfer on my mac, but it keeps telling me restart or reconnect device. Kies also cannot detect my device and it used to. My Mac is on 10.7.5. Can someone figure out a way to connect my device?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have an AT&T galaxy s3 SGH1747 on android 4.1 and I was going to buy iSyncer so I could have iTunes playlists on my phone. I got the lite version to test it out. My phone cannot connect. It charges but as a camera or a media device with usb debugging enabled or disabled it does not work. I have android file transfer on my mac, but it keeps telling me restart or reconnect device. Kies also cannot detect my device and it used to. My Mac is on 10.7.5. Can someone figure out a way to connect my device?
To give you a glimmer of hope. Kies works for me, and perhaps ironically, is the only app that reliably does so for USB connections to my S3. I have OS X 10.8.2 and Kies 2.0.0.12123_7.
I've tried iSyncr and like it, but as you may have seen there are some interoperability issues if Kies is installed. May also be the case if Android File Transfer is installed along with Kies. There could be some issues over who gets control of the USB subsystem when the phone is plugged in. I have had zero success with AFT, but for others it appears to work great. Winamp has a beta synch utility for iTunes as well. Its on my list to check out further as I'm considering using the Poweramp player again. The links below are some good resources to pour through. Hope this helps.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...sung-galaxy-siii-post2394873.html#post2394873
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...in-lion-solution-post2375634.html#post2375634
Kies for Mac and Mountain Lion not working? Here's a solution [From the Forums] | Android Central

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
David,
Did you read through the links in the previous post?
Are you sure you're using a data cable and not a charging cable?
Do you get any notification on the phone when it's connected?
Have you installed Kies?

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac so I can't help you out directly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers