I have over 3000 contacts and keep them in a master file on my PC. From time-to-time I copy them to my phone. Worked great with Blackberry and my iPhone.
    When I import them to my Samsung S3 (using KIES), they arbitrarily join up. Different first names, different companies but they become a single entry in Contacts.
    When I want to phone someone I cannot find the correct number. I can see all the numbers but have no idea which belongs to which person.
    Then if I receive a phone call from someone, the wrong name appears. Very embarrassing.
    I cannot go through 3000 contacts separating them manually. It would take forever.
    Has anyone found a way to prevent contacts joining automatically? Or separating all the contacts with a single command.
    Or can someone at least explain the logic by which this happens. Is it an Android or a Samsung problem?
    01-24-2013 12:46 AM
    I'd import them into Google Contacts. Easy to edit on your PC, easy to sync with your phone.

I have no idea why you're seeing that behavior through Kies. I deleted that program long ago.
    01-24-2013 01:26 PM
    I have the same issue (and I have ONLY 2200 contacts so I am in the same position as you). I have spoken to Verizon and search through forums but there is no easy way to unlink. There is even no easy way to find which contacts are even linked without opening each contact. I know that you don't want to hear it but the way I "solved" the issue was did a one bu one comparison with my Outlook file. Each time I found the problem I unlinked and then I recorded the two names linked incorrectly so later if I have a problem again I know where to start with the issue.

The linking is an Android function so matter what you do outside of the phone it will not solve the problem.

If you come accross a better solution I would certainly like to hear from you.
    01-24-2013 01:49 PM