Hi,
    I'm in the suburbs of Raleigh, NC, US. The plan is to get a Galaxy s3 and use the Straight Talk plan. Before coughing up all that money for a phone, I want to be sure of which model will work with which network.

Since I don't have t-mobile or at&t currently, I can't say for sure which network I want to use so ideally I'd like to be able to pick the best network after trying them. If that's not an option, I'd bet on AT&T.
    I'd be happy with a download speed of around 3 Mbps ... much faster than my Virgin Mobile's '3g'.

Can you please confirm and correct me:

t999 (t-mobile US version)
    -Use on ST with no need to unlock with a ST t-mobile sim
    -Looks like I can get decent data speeds with a AWS acquisition t-mobile did? Since it looks like my city was announced>
    -Unlocked, will it use AT&T's HSPA+ with a ST t-mobile sim ???????? <-THIS is my big Q
    - I can buy this directly from t-mobile, seems much more official/straight forward than the other models below.

i747 (at&t- US version)
    - Use on ST with no need to unlock with ST at&t sim
    -Will get AT&T's HSPA+ with at&t sim
    -Unlocked, with a t-mobile sim, it's stuck at EDGE speed
    -Doesn't seem any official dealers I can buy from. Just unknown resellers on the web with mixed reviews

i9300 (international unlocked version)
    - No need to unlock for either at&t or t-mobile ST sims
    -Will get AT&T's HSPA+ with AT&T ST sim
    -With a t-mobile ST sim, it's stuck at EDGE speed?? (won't use AWS like the i747 will)?
    -Again, doesn't seem any official dealers I can buy from. Just unknown resellers on the web with mixed reviews

Thank you so much for the help. If I'm correct, the t999 seems like the one I want, IF it can get at&t hspa+ with an at&t sim. I also like I can get it direct from the t-mobile dealer.
    01-25-2013 07:53 AM
    Know one seemed to be able to confirm or deny, so I went with the t999. We'll see how it goes.
    01-27-2013 12:31 PM
    We're you able to get 4g on straight talk with that
    02-02-2013 04:28 AM
    psup, did it work? I'm looking to do the exact same thing - getting a t999 (T-Mobile) unlocked and using it with an S3 SIM.

Thanks.
    05-10-2013 05:36 PM