Help with uninstalling Afaria (and similar)

sammij1

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Please help! I don't really understand phones (etc), so please can you assist with this q.... I recently installed Afaria version checker onto my phone as required by work. the seurity settings are driving me insane, so I have uninstalled it, as recommended by our work technicians. they said once I have done this, my phone will no longer require a password (etc) and my emails will no longer come to the phone.

I have uninstalled the software, but am still asked for passwords, as well as still being able to send and receive emails from my work address.... Please help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand phones either ;) but I'll try to help.
1. How did you 'uninstall' the software?
2. Does it still show up anywhere on the phone?
3. Have you tried restarting the phone (or just turning it completely off and removing the battery)?
If none of the above have worked you may end up having to perform a Factory Reset - before you do that, you'll want to be sure to backup any important information.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think that you have to not only remove the software that you removed, but you also have to remove the account that the email is using. For example, I got my work email via an Exchange account, and when I left that company, I removed the email account. You'll have to use a password until you've removed your work email account from your phone, and stop getting work email on it.

ZwXYZ123

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If you wish to uninstall the Afaria client please follow this procedure on the device.

Goto Settings>Location and Security>Device administrators
Remove the check mark from Afaria, and select Deactivate, then remove the application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol