Android File Transfer

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use AFT with their Mac? I've followed the directions, but can't get it to connect or show me my SGSIII files. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.:confused:

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use AFT with their Mac? I've followed the directions, but can't get it to connect or show me my SGSIII files. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.:confused:

It doesn't work with Mountain Lion. People seem to have mixed success on Lion. For me, it worked fine on Lion, but stopped working when I updated to Mountain Lion.

I use two different methods for connecting to my mac:
  1. I use Parallels with Windows 7. If I have Windows up and plug the GS3 into the computer, it mounts right up.
  2. I also use an app called Wifi File Explorer Pro. It's like Airdroid, but it works better for me (Airdroid seems to cancel transfers before they're complete)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have Lion 10.7.5, but it won't mount. I know what Parallels does, but don't want to split my hard drive. I'll check out Wifi File Explorer Pro. Right now, i'm mounting the SD card with a reader, but that gets to be a pain. Thanks.:p

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Lion 10.7.5, but it won't mount. I know what Parallels does, but don't want to split my hard drive. I'll check out Wifi File Explorer Pro. Right now, i'm mounting the SD card with a reader, but that gets to be a pain. Thanks.:p

Like Kreepy I'm using Parallels for USB access to the S3. Kies running natively was working but I removed it given how infrequently I used it. Used my Windows 7 VM recently to root the phone. The USB pass through worked perfectly. As for splitting the hard drive you don't have to reparation to use Parallels although I understand it can use an existing Bootcamp volume.
I too have had zero success with AFT on 10.8.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21