Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's all about the apps. The OS has some interesting features, for sure, but without app support it's meaningless.

Ask me again in two years, when my current contract is up.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry used to have a pointer. Made selecting text a very easy, one handed operation one could perform while driving. The new devices don't have this. Not going back until they do.

U want "easier texting while driving" support? :confused:

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
How does it mean little when they sold 75% of the phones?

Because worldwide they have less than 20% market share? So it doesn't really matter if 2 carriers sell almost exclusively iphones when tens of thousands of carriers are selling almost 70% android handsets lol. Yes, that's not a typo. 70% of the worlds current smartphones are Androids. Tada!

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
World marketshare makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, neither does U.S.marketshare. If thousands of Android phones are put in the world market against 3 iPhones, then who do you think is going to sell the most, especially when a huge portion of the world cannot purchase anything but a cheap Android phone? But it is true that in the U.S., last quarter, that about 75% of the smartphones sold by AT&T and Verizon were iPhones. The figures for Sprint are probably close to this, and T-Mobile is just a dot on the screen. Apple also increased U.S.marketshare, and Android lost some, so I don't think that Apple is doomed.
Now don't get me wrong, I love Android phones. I have had many of them, and I will have more. But as I have stated before, Android phones always hit the market with some kind of shortcoming. No one phone has the complete package of screen, battery, build quality, radio, storage, camera, and Jelly Bean. Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA, great battery life, great radio, best camera, and chooseable storage. And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point, although it is greatly improved with Jelly Bean. Add to that the carriers' slowness to allow updates. I am hoping that the Moto'Google "X-phone" is the one phone that fills the bill for all the features available, and hopefully Google will make a deal with carriers like Apple did about updates.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
World marketshare makes no difference to me. As a matter of fact, neither does U.S.marketshare. If thousands of Android phones are put in the world market against 3 iPhones, then who do you think is going to sell the most, especially when a huge portion of the world cannot purchase anything but a cheap Android phone? But it is true that in the U.S., last quarter, that about 75% of the smartphones sold by AT&T and Verizon were iPhones. The figures for Sprint are probably close to this, and T-Mobile is just a dot on the screen. Apple also increased U.S.marketshare, and Android lost some, so I don't think that Apple is doomed.
Now don't get me wrong, I love Android phones. I have had many of them, and I will have more. But as I have stated before, Android phones always hit the market with some kind of shortcoming. No one phone has the complete package of screen, battery, build quality, radio, storage, camera, and Jelly Bean. Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA, great battery life, great radio, best camera, and chooseable storage. And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point, although it is greatly improved with Jelly Bean. Add to that the carriers' slowness to allow updates. I am hoping that the Moto'Google "X-phone" is the one phone that fills the bill for all the features available, and hopefully Google will make a deal with carriers like Apple did about updates.

You know funny but I think you're the only one here to say anything about Apple being doomed...

Lawl.

I think you're starting to feel the pressure Apple is under and the pervasive bubble of denial is starting to crack mate...

duck383

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Loving what the new BlackBerry has to offer looks sweet and always hoping for the best for BB
having only owning Android(s) since June Gs2, Blaze 4G and Gs3 i still have my 6 BB's but sticking with the Droid but cant wait to test out the new BB :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

And I've seen more laggy and defective ip5 THAT JUST DIDN'T WORK in these short months its crazy. The last phone I owned that lagged was my ns4g and that was AFTER JB. My Gnex with 4.2.1 is flawless

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And I've seen more laggy and defective ip5 THAT JUST DIDN'T WORK in these short months its crazy. The last phone I owned that lagged was my ns4g and that was AFTER JB. My Gnex with 4.2.1 is flawless

It's not nice to stretch the truth. One thing that IOS is not is laggy.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I seen laggy s3z ip5 4s 4 3gs BlackBerrys ect. Its bad phones in all shapes and os es

Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.

You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital