Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not nice to stretch the truth. One thing that IOS is not is laggy.

iOS is truly backwards in it's priorities. It's limited in functionality... like apps can't be integrated into the OS unless Apple has allowed it to happen (ie. Facebook... email attachments)... but somehow to Apple fans.. iOS is so amazing because it diverts all processor power to make sure that pulling down the notification menu is absolutely smooth. Morons...

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
And why the hell are we talking about Apple in this thread??? It's supposed to be about the new Blackberries vs. the Samsung SGS3...

Pappy GTFO!

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.

What does marketshare have to do with lagginess? Anyway, as I stated before, I don't care about worldwide or U.S.marketshare, but IOS marketshare in the U.S. is increasing, and that's a fact.
BTW, I have no insecurities about IOS, or any other platform. I like them all, and have owned them all, beginning with the original Droid. I would just like to see Android have the fluidity and smoothness of IOS, and I think that it shortly will attain that. But right now, if you read 100 reviews comparing the iPhone 5 and any Android phone, probably 98 of them will mention some lag or choppiness on Android. It is just a fact that on a daily basis, IOS is a smoother, more trouble-free experience. As you say, "that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it". Maybe you have insecurities about your chosen platform too, but remember, they are just phones.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And why the hell are we talking about Apple in this thread??? It's supposed to be about the new Blackberries vs. the Samsung SGS3...

BB10 looks pretty good to me. I hope that it does well in the market, as I don't want any company to go down. Too much unemployment already.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You're not being realistic either if you think 2 carriers selling tons of iphones is any indication of how extensive apple's market share is. Fact of the matter is iOS market share is dwindling and is now less than 20% worldwide, that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it. Not saying it's not a great product because my partner has one and I think it's a great device (the iphone5), but market share is slipping for various reasons, no amount of denial can change the numbers.

Take your own advice, be realistic. Stop coming into competing platforms' forums spreading your gospel in the hopes that it will cure your own insecurities regarding the platform you've chosen to devote yourself to.

I can think of a few others on this forum that need to be told this more than he does. :p

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.

U are either high or drunk or a fruithead?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but if you see a laggy iPhone, you know something is wrong, and you replace it, restore it, or get it checked out. A laggy Android is an everyday occurrence that you learn to live with, just to own an Android. But as I have said, it is better with Jelly Bean, but not quite there yet. If you really think that Android is as smooth as IOS, then you are not being realistic.
Considering I have used both, I can say I would be very realistic to say Android can be as smooth as iOS. Which is bad for iOS cause the only reason it's so easy for it to be silky smooth is cause there's not as much going on in the background.

It's the same as several years ago when people were bragging about the pre-BB10 Blackberries having the best battery life when the phones had specs that were 4 years out of date.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Considering I have used both, I can say I would be very realistic to say Android can be as smooth as iOS. Which is bad for iOS cause the only reason it's so easy for it to be silky smooth is cause there's not as much going on in the background.
"Used" and "owned" are 2 different things. And you are correct, Android should be as smooth, but it's not. As far as specs being out of date, that may be true, but the iPhone is still faster than any Android. I am honestly more of a Android fan than an IOS fan, but I call it as I see and experience it. And just so you won't think that I was using old technology, my last 3 phones were: Maxx HD, S3, and DNA.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What does marketshare have to do with lagginess? Anyway, as I stated before, I don't care about worldwide or U.S.marketshare, but IOS marketshare in the U.S. is increasing, and that's a fact.
BTW, I have no insecurities about IOS, or any other platform. I like them all, and have owned them all, beginning with the original Droid. I would just like to see Android have the fluidity and smoothness of IOS, and I think that it shortly will attain that. But right now, if you read 100 reviews comparing the iPhone 5 and any Android phone, probably 98 of them will mention some lag or choppiness on Android. It is just a fact that on a daily basis, IOS is a smoother, more trouble-free experience. As you say, "that's a fact and there's just no 2 ways about it". Maybe you have insecurities about your chosen platform too, but remember, they are just phones.

First its been proven iOS has more app crashes. Secondly I've compared with my wife's iphones my skyrocket on jb is really no different in fluidity in fact my wife wants to switch. US market share is a small piece of the pie and a bad way to judge a product sold worldwide and like always it will drop right back down lol. Reviewers are commonly biased especially mainstream media sources which leaves many to question just how reputable the review process is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
"Used" and "owned" are 2 different things. And you are correct, Android should be as smooth, but it's not. As far as specs being out of date, that may be true, but the iPhone is still faster than any Android. I am honestly more of a Android fan than an IOS fan, but I call it as I see and experience it. And just so you won't think that I was using old technology, my last 3 phones were: Maxx HD, S3, and DNA.
You obviously didn't read my post at all or you are intentionally twisting my words to support your arguments.

1) Yes used and owned are different things but I used it because I did own it and despite their differences it makes no difference in whether or not I know what I'm talking about.

2) I said it can be as smooth, and I have seen it just as smooth. Not all the time but it can run alot more than iOS can at the same time while iOS can literally only run 1 app at a time so obviously iOS is gonna be smoother overall. Not that impressive.

3) As for the "specs out of date" I literally cannot imagine how you could make the mistake that I was talking about the iPhone when the word wasn't even in that sentence but Blackberry was. I'm gonna ask this as nicely as possible: how many beers have you had today?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
First its been proven iOS has more app crashes. Secondly I've compared with my wife's iphones my skyrocket on jb is really no different in fluidity in fact my wife wants to switch. US market share is a small piece of the pie and a bad way to judge a product sold worldwide and like always it will drop right back down lol. Reviewers are commonly biased especially mainstream media sources which leaves many to question just how reputable the review process is.

I couldn't agree more with that last part. I have yet to find a decent tech site that wasn't baised in Apple's favor. That's why I only really read AC's stuff.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

You sir are using a lot of language indicating a need for justification of a point not proving one.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Neither, but I would like to know how many iPhones that you have owned?

Personally I'll NEVER EVER give apple any of my hard earned cash. But my 8 yo brother has a ip5 and ipad and had a 4s before that. So I've had plenty time with both os es and plus I had a Windows phone also Samsung focus

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'll NEVER EVER give apple any of my hard earned cash. But my 8 yo brother has a ip5 and ipad and had a 4s before that. So I've had plenty time with both os es and plus I had a Windows phone also Samsung focus

It doesn't take long to get to know the OS when it's so basic in its design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Hell yeah u are right 100%. I've converted my girls 2 family members to Android (sgs2 sgs3) and my lil bro now wants to replace his iPad with a Galaxy tab 10.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000