Blackberry Z10 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'll NEVER EVER give apple any of my hard earned cash. But my 8 yo brother has a ip5 and ipad and had a 4s before that. So I've had plenty time with both os es and plus I had a Windows phone also Samsung focus

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe it's just me and maybe it's because we have no kids but there's something about an 8 year old being on his second iPhone and owning an iPad that just makes me cringe... To each is own I guess... Not criticizing by the way, just amazed.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me and maybe it's because we have no kids but there's something about an 8 year old being on his second iPhone and owning an iPad that just makes me cringe... To each is own I guess... Not criticizing by the way, just amazed.

Haha interesting thought.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

That is amazing. My children wouldn't have had any cell phone or $500 tablet at that age. But like you said, to each his own.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my lil bro got me and my pops tech sense but too bad its for the wrong os lol. He knows how to jailbreak too. But like I said he now wants a galaxy tab 10.1 now

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my lil bro got me and my pops tech sense but too bad its for the wrong os lol. He knows how to jailbreak too. But like I said he now wants a galaxy tab 10.1 now

He should get the Nexus 10 lol IMO

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The BB10 looks interesting to me and I hope it helps BlackBerry out, wouldn't want to see them go under but it may still happen sadly.
Would I change? No.

I've had the iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 and 4s. It was really all downhill with the 4 for me. Didn't have the 4S for long before the the s3 made me change. But that's a whole different thread. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The BB10 looks interesting to me and I hope it helps BlackBerry out, wouldn't want to see them go under but it may still happen sadly.
Would I change? No.

I've had the iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 and 4s. It was really all downhill with the 4 for me. Didn't have the 4S for long before the the s3 made me change. But that's a whole different thread. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I was thinking maybe some of the interface gesture features can make its way to Android. Although I wonder how hard it is to make mistakes if swiping from different edges of the screen cause different functions to happen...?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Gotta disagree on that note. We aren't talkin bout golf or swimming. football is the s#*t

To each his own. I personally find it an extremely overhyped sport. Though I'm just not a sports fan in general.

jarrodmeyer

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry used to have a pointer. Made selecting text a very easy, one handed operation one could perform while driving. The new devices don't have this. Not going back until they do.

What the?!

You mean to say you won't switch to BB10 unless they bring back their antiquated, pre-touch-screen, trackpad for selecting text? I have to say this strikes me as odd.

Sure! it was great (and still is on current OS7 devices), sure! there is nothing like it with only a touch screen (although iOS comes closest by my comparison), but moving into a full touch age all you'll get for putting a trackpad on your phone is derision.

I don't see how they have any option but to move away.

jarrodmeyer

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Say what you want, but the iPhone has all of these attributes (except JB), and does them very well. Absolutely the best build quality, screen only rivaled by DNA...

...Oh, _and_ the new BlackBerry Z10. :eek:

and chooseable storage...

By which you don't mean expandable storage, only 'choosable'? Like if I _choose_ 64GB I get to pay, what, $200 or more extra over the 16GB?? Thanks, but I'll take a MicroSD slot over fixed storage any day of the year.

And no lag, which Android still cannot claim at this point...

But the Z10 can. The BB10 OS is acclaimed to be buttery smooth and lightning quick. Don't forget it's the world's first RTOS, microkernel-driven, mobile phone. ;)

Disclaimer: I am a fan of what BlackBerry has done with this new OS. No, I'm not an investor or the proud owner of a Z10 (yet).

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It made the interface different and better. Everything antiquated is not bad. Selecting text on a touchscreen using menus and gestures is far inferior to the BB pointing device. It's the only thing I miss from my BB days. Besides, BB has weathered a lot of derision and will see a lot more if they survive.

What the?!

You mean to say you won't switch to BB10 unless they bring back their antiquated, pre-touch-screen, trackpad for selecting text? I have to say this strikes me as odd.

Sure! it was great (and still is on current OS7 devices), sure! there is nothing like it with only a touch screen (although iOS comes closest by my comparison), but moving into a full touch age all you'll get for putting a trackpad on your phone is derision.

I don't see how they have any option but to move away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey