Remove FB events and FB contacts' birthdays from calendar

karibu

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I synced FB and my S III calendar, and ended up finding all my FB contacts' birthdays in my calendar. Does anyone know how to remove the FB info from the calendar? I've switched off the sync.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Open your calendar app, on the top of the screen tap ?calendars?. This will open options that allow you to choose with calendars to display. Unselect all the options you don?t want to display.

Lizzi Tremayne

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay, have done both of those things, stopped the calender sync in FB and also on the Galaxy Note II calender have already had it unticked,...
so they're still there.. HOW to get them off, please?
thanks
Lizzi:p

Kessha

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
When you in your calendar, select "menu" (the key to the left of the 'home' button), then "calendars" then "display", then deselect "facebook"

sfd10

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. I had the same issue and it has been driving me nuts trying to get rid of the birthdays off my calendar.
Thank you again.

teggyturbo

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. I had the same issue and it has been driving me nuts trying to get rid of the birthdays off my calendar.
Thank you again.

But how do you remove only FB events but keep the birthdays? I'm thinking this is a setting that needs to be made on the Facebook side...?

Alicia Kelley

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I finally figured this out! I have been beside myself trying to get the facebook birthdays off my calendars after I did a sync. I even following someone's advice to deactivate my facebook account and resync but that will not work. I uninstalled the app while I was deactivated and the fb birthdays went away but as soon as I reinstalled the app again, they all came back, even while I was still deactivated! But then I found it. The answer isn't with facebook at all, but with the calendar app itself. This is what you need to do exactly: 1. Click on your calendar app from your phone's home page, NOT the manage applications area. 2. Hit the menu key on your phone while you are in your calendar app so the pop up comes up. (On my phone I see Go to, Delete, Search, Sync, Calendars, and Settings.) Click on "Calendars." 3. At the bottom of the phone you will have two choices, Display or Edit - hit the "Display" button. Only then will you see all these choices with boxes and check marks. 4. Uncheck the box next to the Facebook section. And that is it! Watch all those awful blue boxes of birthdays you could care less about disappear before your very eyes and NOT come back! Wheeeeew. I was beginning to lose hope. I hope that helps everyone!

Leo Lagos

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
This half-worked. It eliminated all events from FB... I only find annoying the birthdays, but not the real events (like some friend invited me to a dinner, his birthday party, etc.).

There should be an option to add to the calendar certain events... birthdays, concerts, meetings, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze