Carbon vs Titanium Backup vs others?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - I'd love to hear your comparisons of these apps - Carbon vs. Titanium Backup vs. other popular options. Don't just say which one is your favorite, give your pros and cons in a comparison.

I've used Titanium Backup but am giving Carbon a try - I'm rooted so that's not an issue but it's great that Carbon lets non-rooted users get this functionality.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I like Carbon because it doesnt require root to backup your apps, although Titanium Backup is the best because it has many more features such as freezing apps

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got done with a full Factory Reset and used a full Titanium backup (apps, user, and system data) to get my S3 back to its prior state. Since I'm a Mac user (and didn't feel like firing up my Windows 7 VM), I used the Titanium Backup Web Server to download my TitaniumBackup-ALL zip file to my Mac, then after reinstalling Titanium Backup Pro from Google Play just did a Restore batch after copying the zip file back to the S3. A little slow compared to other methods, but worked perfectly. I could have used an FTP client and copied the zip to my home network FTP server as an option, but thought about that after I had the TB Web Server job in flight.
As for Carbon, I checked it out and it looks great. Had intermittent success getting the USB connection to work, though. I don't believe this is an issue with Carbon, but rather how Mac OS X Mountain Lion and the MTP file system/S3 USB play together - or not. I can't even get iSyncr to work reliably for USB, but works fine over WiFi. Thus, don't believe any of my issues lie with Carbon in this case. Definitely will keep it on my list for me or the non-rooted Android users in the house.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I use ROM toolbox pro, more features, good price, excellent backup as well, and you can download ROMs from them

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21