Double Sound notifications for SMS

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I previously had a HTC Velocity, and ran Go-SMS and never had any problems. Just picked up a new Samsung S3 this week, and have an issue that is driving me nuts!

I've installed third party app Go-SMS. I made it the default messaging app. Set up my ringtone notifications in the App.
Turned off all notifications in stock messaging app.

This was all I had to do in HTC. However, now, on Samsung S3, whenever I receive a text message, I get the Go-SMS audio notification, immediately followed by another bell notification. I do not get two pop-ups, do not get two notifications in the drop down or anything else, just the audio.

So, I double checked the stock messaging was turned off, just to be sure, I even turned it on, set the notification to silent, then turned it off again.
Didn't work.
I changed all system notifications to something other than this bell noise (it's called "Postman") and it still happens.
I actually disabled the stock messaging App. Didn't work.
I un-installed and re-installed Go-SMS. Didn't work.
I edited the Go-SMS notifications. Didn't work.
Another thread mentioned something about Google Voice notifications. I signed in online and checked this isn't linked to my account at all. Not that.

I'm spending way too much time on this and it's doing my head in!!

Please, if anybody has any experience, or any other ideas, please help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious. If you get rid of go sms and get a message... Do you hear anything? (with notifications still off)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
ok, well, i uninstalled Go-SMS, and with stock messaging still disabled (so, in effect no messaging app is enabled), i sent myself a message, and i got the darned postman audio notification!!! How on earth is this possible?!

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, i decided to go and uninstall apps one by one, and see what was causing this.

Ahaha! That was easier than I thought! I just picked out the four or five apps i downloaded to get different ringtones (Funny SMS, Ringo, etc etc) and uninstalled them, and it stopped!! So it was obviously one of them.

How bizarre, but thank goodness it's stopped!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad you guys found out what it was. Usually odd behavior like this is definitely a app in the background running and not playing nicely :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I deleted Ringo Pro and got rid of the annoying double notification sound. I found that I can also assign ringtones to specific people thru the Contact Apps.

Good Bye Ringo Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek