Google Now's Walking/Bicycling card doesn't show up.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
So supposedly Google Now will show a walking/bicycling card at the end of the month showing your approximate mileage on both. I've had this show up once when I had CM10 installed but since reverting back to TW it hasn't shown up despite having walked several miles as well as biked almost 100. Anyone else not getting this card? I've tried disabling and reenabling the card to no effect but I'm not sure what else to do. I realize this isn't life or death but it would be interesting to see it work.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Check this: on the gNow main screen, tap Menu / Settings, then tap where it says "Google Now." Not on the on/off toggle, but on the word Google. I'm guessing "Activity Summary" is the one that needs to be on, but I'm not certain.

I'm just guessing about the rest, but Google probably needs the GPS turned on for this to work. In settings / Location services, do you have Use GPS satellites checked?

And in Settings / Accounts / Google / Maps & Lattitude, you might need to have Location Reporting and Report from this device turned on.

All that said, I had these settings turned on and haven't seen that card either. gNow is really a work in progress, and in my experience not terribly reliable or consistent.

linoleum87

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Some digging this morning showed me that this card will appear once a month. I got it at the end of March, and haven't seen it again since. Too bad you can't call it up on demand to see stats.

dlinares90

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It appears for me every month, although I don't find it all that useful since it's only a small sample of your phone's GPS tracking. You're not really missing out.

JayaC

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Google now shows the walking card only on the first of every month. To see it on another day, just go to the settings of your phone and change the date to the first of the month and google now will show you the card. That did the trick for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude