GS3 vs Galaxy Nexus

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having serious problems with my GS3 having really bad reception when it drops to 3g where I live. Verizon is considering letting me switch to another phone. Would the Galaxy Nexus have the same radio or could it behave differently? I really don't want to switch to a Motorola but I might have no choice.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's your best bet lol. I can't stand moto either but I love they battery life lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that the Verizon Samsung phones always have radio problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that the Verizon Samsung phones always have radio problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Its not just Verizon Samsung phones. my GSM Galaxy Nexus has poor reception as well. It seems to be a weak sport for Samsung

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Any thoughts on the HTC's? The Droid DNA and Incredible 4g are also possibilities. Does anyone know if the DNA had an SD slot? Haven't gotten around to looking it up yet.

Thanks for the advice.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But it depends if u are like me and stay in the city ain't nothing wrong a Galaxy Nexus even though the sprint version is better. But the newer RAZR phones look good and are getting OK reviews. Also the DNA is a good phone

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thought I hadn't considered, is there a custom radio I could install for better reception? My luck with custom ROMs isn't extensive. I had the gs3 rooted but had not tried flashing anything yet. Would that be an option for the poor radio?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well to a degree yeah custom ROMs have different effects but its mostly the radios u flash. I'm on the latest cm10 4.2.1 build with the latest jb radios(the radio that came with this build was the 4.1 one) and I get 4g even in my basement haha.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My advice would be to request the DROID RAZR Maxx HD - Motorola has some of the most reliable radios, and you're guaranteed a full day of use with that monster battery.
The last HTC that I had was the Thunderbolt, and other than the initial problems of it being the first 4G phone, it was pretty reliable. When I was looking for a replacement, HTC didn't have anything on Verizon that was comparable to the SGSIII (the One series looked interesting but for some reason none of them made it to Verizon). I don't know if that's changed now.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Samsung's phones seem to have a long history of poor reception on CDMA networks, but the Galaxy S3 doesn't seem to follow that tradition. Mine is fine on Spring, and I don't see any complaints about reception (other than slow data speeds) on the Sprint forum. Maybe the OP just has a bad one. I'd suggest asking them to open up a new SG3 in the store, and let you compare signal strength with yours. Of course, at the store they're probably both fine.

awilisch

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I already figured the Razer Maxx was the only option. The DNA has no external storage. Hopefully the Razer has a good development community.

I'll miss my GS3 though..:-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet