WIFI Direct

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I each have an S3 and we can connect by wifi direct. I also have a Dell Desktop which has wifi direct (Intel card 6230) which has wifi direct.

Our S3s can see the desktop PC but they will not connect. When I tap to connect it searches for a long time and then eventually gives me a message that connection failed.

Anyone have ideas on the problem?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you try to initiate the connection from the PC?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you try to initiate the connection from the PC?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
Nothing different, the connect fails. The PC does see the S3 and the S3 does see the PC, so discovery is not the problem.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have sharing turned on with the PC?

I have some sharing on but I do not have the root folder shared because that would leave my system very vulnerable. Do you really think I have to set the root folder (which would mean the entire hard drive) to shared?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried wifi direct with my N7 and it has been very sketchy at best. I could only get them to connect every once in a while and they would drop each other frequently. It was only once in 20 twenty that I could actually get them to transfer anything.

You can try sharing your whole drive for a little bit, just to try it, but don't be surprised if it still doesn't work.

-Suntan

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried wifi direct with my N7 and it has been very sketchy at best. I could only get them to connect every once in a while and they would drop each other frequently. It was only once in 20 twenty that I could actually get them to transfer anything.

You can try sharing your whole drive for a little bit, just to try it, but don't be surprised if it still doesn't work.
\Shari

-Suntan
Sharing did not help and I contacted Intel and of course they blamed it on my Norton Internet Security program so I disabled it but still o connection and no solution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance