Has anyone used this service where you send in your old phone and purchase an S3, and they are supposed to send you a visa card for the old phone? I attempted to use this service and was given a quote, mailed in my old phone almost a month ago, and when I try to check the status on their site, they have still not confirmed receiving my phone. I have sent several emails with no response. I would really like to know about any experiences anyone has had with this service. I am starting to wonder if it is a scam. Thanks in advance
    02-10-2013 02:51 PM
    I am having an identical experience with the "alleged" Samsung Upgrade Program. Sent my phone to them on May 28. When I check the site for status, it shows "registered" awaiting receipt of device. When I first emailed them, I received a "canned" response indicating that I would receive an answer in 24 hours--NOT. When I utilized their Chat service, I was given a dedicated phone No. to call (888-810-5180). When you call, you receive a recording indicating that the mailbox is full and requesting that you call back later. When I again tried utilizing their Chat service, I was given a voice support phone No. (888-987-4357). It connects you with an extensive voicemail menu--no option even vaguely relating to their Upgrade program. At this point, I have come to the conclusion that it is a huge scam. Sorry that I didn't just donate the phone to a women's shelter or some other worthwhile cause, rather than giving it back to Samsung!!
    06-17-2013 01:34 PM
    I did it in January and got the debit card as promised. But it took around 2 months.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-17-2013 08:31 PM
    Upon doing some research, I discovered that the company handling the processing of these upgrade payments is Clover Wireless. Upon contacting them I was advised that the system is in the midst of being upgraded, causing the delays in the processing and posting of status. This s expected to be resolved by the end of the month. We'll see...
    06-18-2013 12:45 PM