Problem with music playing through device speakers even when headphones are plugged in.

ottomatictom

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Sometimes (not every time) When I am playing music through either my headphones or a aux cable in my car, If I switch over to a different app or to text messaging, the music will stop playing through the headphones and start playing through the device speakers. Is this a software bug with JellyBean, or is it a problem with the phone? Thank you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Before you jump the gun, you should be a little more specific about your problem.
1. What music app are you using?
2. Is this a problem with the stock headphones?
3. What are you doing when the problem occurs - switching to a different app; switching to the Home screen; etc
A little information will go a long way towards someone being able to help you.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Markjcc

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the stock Android music app
This also happens with Pandora and songza

The problem occurs when you listen to music via headsets then launch an app that uses any sort of audio such as temple run 2 or fun run the music audio starts playing through the speakers instead of the plugged in headset

I tried 5 different ear buds already

Markjcc

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Does it with mine also. I consider it to be a bug.

I don't consider it a bug as 2 of my 4 friends with galaxy s3s
The same verizon one. And 2 of them don't have it all of them are completely stock

I'm going to get a replacement on Monday I'll let you know how it goes

capcorn11

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got my s3 march 8th and iam having this problem as well,but it happens when im doing nothing at all when Iisten to the standard mp3 player. the screan is locked most of the time.in my pocket or laying flat.I thought I was my music files but I had another phone b4 this and I never had that problem. I was thinking it was the device and I should replace it but I see.its not just me.have you found a solution yet?

ShortShot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unplug your headset, start the music and then plug the headset in, it should reset for you correctly. Could not tell you why that's what I had to do.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae