Galaxy s3 battery life, Good or Bad?

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I must say the battery of GSIII is one of the best Android handsets out there. I genuinely never had discharging problems even during the times of heavy usage. I'm very much satisfied with my battery life but one thing I hate the most is the drainage during the phone is idle.
For instance if my phone is idle for around 1hour and 15 mins it drains around 8-9% which is very frustrating.
I have an ipad which has amazing battery life and may be the best one, its battery hardly ever drops if it is idle. I guess the iPhone must have the same drainage system.

Sent from my GSIII

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't really tell from your screen captures, but it doesn't look like the phone was fully charged at the beginging of that period. The stats are pretty meaningless if so.

Charge your battery to 100% (not 98, not 99) and then unplug it. That will reset the battery stats. Use the phone until the battery is down to 50% or less, and then take the same screen shots. Also, tap on the graph on the first screen, and do a screen capture of that, too. Post all three.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So here is my screenshot. The phone remained off during sleep, for some hours, Dnt know whether once or twice such it lasted more than a day.

1372142476668.jpg
Sent from my GSIII

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What was your screen on time? The screen is responsible for 50% of your battery usage, which implies the screen is on a lot. It's a big, bright screen, and when it's on it uses a lot of power. That's true of all modern phones with big screens, and the only thing you can do about it is to turn down brightness.

Aside from that, with a recharge cycle in the middle it's hard to tell for sure what is shown. Do what I said in post #22, and capture all THREE screen shots before plugging the phone in to recharge again.But you're showing 33 1/2 hours, and it looks like it died about half-way through, which would be almost 17 hours. You're never going to get better battery life than that, with the screen on a lot, unless you buy a larger aftermarket battery.