01-19-2017 05:27 PM
79 1234
tools
    This helped me. That is exactly what was going on for me and the exact fix I needed. so glad to see a helpful forum...
    04-13-2013 09:22 PM
    I had the same issue, I've just solved it by unmounting the SD card and mounting back again,
    04-14-2013 04:17 AM
    Where do I change this option?
    04-20-2013 10:43 AM
    Hello everyone! I am a new here. I have problem with viewing of videos which were uploaded from my Samsung Galaxy S3. Just like was said here it uploaded toooo many icons and pics that I don't need. But it is ok I have deleted them (took 1 hour). I have another issue: my all videos which I have downloaded from my phone to PC don't play a video but only I can here the voices. I tired to open through Winamp, Medai player, Real player....doesn't work!!!. There were very important videos....I was SO UPSET!!!! Could you please give me an advice what to do?
    I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Ali.
    04-21-2013 12:45 PM
    How can I copy an mp4 file from my phone to another medium, CD or my PC, for others to view? When I select the file from the ext memory on my phone it transfers files to a location deep into my profile on the C:\ and then plays the video. If I copy that same *.mp4 any place else it won't play.
    04-21-2013 11:03 PM
    Here's where I found my videos today after trying it out on the phone for the first time: <plugging in the phone, of course, via usb> Computer > SCH-I535 > Phone >DCIM > Camera. The video is found with my .jpg's, in the same folder (camera), but with an mp4 extension.
    04-27-2013 10:36 AM
    downlaod realplayer it will become your itunes for your phone galaxy s3 and yes i to have memery card 64 my videos keep dying pissing me off also i delet but there are still there,so all u do to get anything from your pc your photos,music,videos frm your realplayer,gdluck
    05-05-2013 05:11 PM
    I am connected as a media device by usb to the iMac. Cannot see the phone in Finder. Any suggestions?
    05-15-2013 06:24 PM
    I have a Samsung Note2 and I was having the same problem. When I connected my phone to the PC I could not see the MP4 files. Only JPG.
    When you connect the USB use the pull down from the top and look for the "Connected as..."

If you are having the problem with the "seeing video files" then switch from PTP to MTP.
    This solved my entire problem. I can now see all my files.

Also, the WiFi file transfer applications work fine too if you don't want to change from PTP to MTP.
    They will see all the files as JPG or MP4 and allow you to copy or delete as needed.
    Kaisa Chi likes this.
    05-16-2013 10:27 AM
    Changing the USB option resolves the problem.

I think you may just have to change your usb option on the phone so it is connected as a media device rather than a camera, then you will see the video files as well as photos in the folder. I just had the same issue and that seemed to solve it. Use the top pull down menu and click where it says 'ongoing..connected as ...touch for other usb options'.
    05-18-2013 05:56 PM
    thanx
    05-30-2013 08:43 AM
    cherry you are a genius the un-mounting and mounting worked a treat
    05-31-2013 11:47 AM
    Welcome to the world of GS3 garbage! Guess what? The videos you recorded on your GS3 will NEVER play on your computer no matter what program you use to open them. Samsung knows that they use a different version of mp4 that is proprietary and they are not letting you have the codec for your computer. You can search the whole web, spend hours tearing your hair out, and you end up with soundtracks ONLY when you try to play GS3 videos back on any platform other than Samsung's. Great, huh? It will only get worse, in the future, until someone shoves it up Samsung's rear by coming up with the proper codec and/or converter.
    06-09-2013 11:45 PM
    When you plug the USB cable in S3 - emerges a configuration screen USB Connection PC.

Enable the option to "Media Device (MTP)" and the videos appear.
    06-14-2013 03:35 PM
    Samantha Johnston (or anyone else who has done the same), where is this top pull down menu you mentioned?
    06-22-2013 03:47 PM
    Thank you for posting this bit of information! I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the videos off my phone.
    The only way I could do it was to remove the SD card and use my card reader. What a pain that was. I didn't want to remove the card every time just to transfer files.
    06-24-2013 05:07 PM
    i have tried this, but the computer doesn't recognise the phone as an external link at all. any more possible ideas?

thanks
    06-28-2013 06:12 AM
    Lorraine,
    If the computer is not recognizing that the phone is connected:
    - you may not have the proper drivers installed
    - try a different USB cable (some cables are for charging only [there are only 4 pins in the little connector] and some are for both charging and data [there are 5 pins in the little connector])
    - try connecting to a different USB port on the computer (if you were using a port on the front of the computer, try one on the back instead; or vice-versa)
    You don't mention what OS your computer is running (Windows - what version; Mac) or if you've already installed the Kies software.
    Finally, does the phone act like it's been connected? Do you see anything on the Notification bar?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    06-28-2013 12:52 PM
    the camera folder doesn't even show up on my computer
    07-30-2013 12:34 AM
    the camera folder doesn't even show up on my computer
    Try the dcmi folder

Sent from my SPH-L300 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-30-2013 12:35 AM
    I've done anything you guys mentioned, changing PTP to MTP and stuff, I still can't find the .mp4 files which I have downloaded with Video Downloader from Play Store
    08-03-2013 09:07 AM
    Still doesn't show the .mp4 files which I have downloaded, even if I had changed PTP to MTP
    08-03-2013 09:09 AM
    Samantha: YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you...everybody keeps suggesting all sorts of things, and you made it so simple. Thanks.
    08-31-2013 05:46 PM
    Thank you for your help but you should have specified that pull down was in the phone because I spend a lot of time looking in the computer. thanks
    09-12-2013 12:28 PM
    According to my local (Minneapolis) T-Mobile person, the videos are too large to transfer this way. Even video cameras need a USB connection. Use the USB to Samsung phone connector and connect the computer to your phone. He said that you have to get out of the process of charging your phone first, because that is what your phone will try to do first. Slide your finger down over the USB icon on the top of your phone, which looks like an arrow pointing right to left with two wires attached to the arrow, and select "USB connected". Then press "Connect USB storage." The file where you transfer items, (for me F, will ask you to select the files that you want to transfer. Good luck, I'm trying to do this right now. [It must have worked, I can no longer find the video on my Samsung S phone.] Now I need to look to find it on my computer!

I don't know what to do if you don't have a computer. I do know that Google has a photo storage place along with Google Docs, if you can get a friend to use their computer to help you store it there.
    09-20-2013 11:21 AM
79 1234